2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are looking at getting a 2010 M3 in blue I'm stuck on Celestial and the wife on Gunmetal. I've yet to see the celestial in person but i have seen the gunmetal and i wasn't overly impressed. If we were to get celestial do you think it's a lil on the feminine side? I'm trying to stay away from the Powder blue prius look.

I DD my 93' 300zx TT right now, so i dont really want something that makes me look like a chick....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crap wrong thread! would someone be so kind as to move it for me?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Actually, while we're on the subject...who else is bummed Gunmetal won't be initially offered on the '10 Speed? I actually wrote an E-mail to Mazda corporate (through the website) saying I wish Gunmetal and Graphite would be offered on the Speed. As far as I know, the only colors offered on the new speed will be Celestial Blue, Liquid Silver, Velocity Red and Black Mica. If it's anything like the last-gen car, more colors will be offered down the road, but I was hoping for a better selection from launch. Oh well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Actually, while we're on the subject...who else is bummed Gunmetal won't be initially offered on the '10 Speed? I actually wrote an E-mail to Mazda corporate (through the website) saying I wish Gunmetal and Graphite would be offered on the Speed. As far as I know, the only colors offered on the new speed will be Celestial Blue, Liquid Silver, Velocity Red and Black Mica. If it's anything like the last-gen car, more colors will be offered down the road, but I was hoping for a better selection from launch. Oh well.
:signs064:

·
Registered
34 Posts
First let me say I own the gunmetal blue. I saw the celestial blue in a 4dr. It is really bright, but a really cool color. I would have been really torn if they had both colors on the lot. I would recommend seeing it in person before making a decision. Good Luck!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I vote for gunmetal blue. The celestial blue is pretty bright and a perhaps a little more feminine. I like them both though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You HAVE to see the Celestial Blue in person! It is brilliant. You will turn heads and get attention everywhere. I would have chosen it if the color had been my choice instead of the wife's. And I'm a big guy, an ex-boxer with 72 amateur fights, and I used to ride rodeo. So I ain't no shrinking violet and I liked the color.

You got a problem with that?! :tongue:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what i wanted to hear

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Celestial blue is kind of feminine, BUT, it is BADASS. It is very bold and has great attitude. Some things and colors are more feminine than others, nothing wrong with that. Some guys wear pink shirts. If you can own it then go for celestial and make no excuses about it. Strut that!

IMO it's more exciting and fun than gunmetal blue (although gunmetal is dope too).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rookie Alert - just signed up today AND picked up my Celestial Blue GT yeserday. (Will post pics ASAP).

The blue is awesome and a defenite attention getter. People pay huge money to custom paint cars and I got it for free :) I would defeinetly try and see it in person before choosing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think the Celestial is too bright. You'll still turn heads with the Gunmetal. It's a 2010 MZ3, they all turn heads. I get both guys and girls staring while I'm driving around. And mine is Black Mica.

I was going to get the Gunmetal till I saw the black one. Didn't look back. :001_wub 1:

BeEvil

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
happy I went with celestial.

·
One 3, one 7, one fun!
178 Posts
I'm biased, but...

Go with celestial blue. Here in Canada they seem hard to come by (so to speak I guess, but so far a sedan and a hatchback -mine- on the roads around here).

The colour suits the car beautifully, it slightly changes hue over the creases, and it has a little reference back to the "muscle car era" light metallic blue that I have seen on a few chevys.

I put a three step wax job on it and the paint is simply amazing. The black trim stands out well, as it is fairly light colour, but at the same time, all the silver trim (rims, headlight housings, rear lights) stands out too, as the colour is dark enough to work as a background for those details. On top of that, you'd do no wrong if you were to get a set of gold rims (or gold with machined lip), they look great with it, which gives you yet another option to consider.

I really don't know why that would be a girl colour. It is a "it's a boy" blue and somebody calls it a feminine colour?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem for me was I got the color sight unseen and I was afraid it would look like the toyota prius powder blue.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love the gunmetal blue. Shadows cast over the cars surface give it a deeper blue which really makes the car look awesome. The celestial wasn't even an option for me - too bright, and honestly when my wife first saw it a month or so ago she said the same thing others have said in that it looks like a feminine color.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts