2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CS springs going on this week, then wheels. i like the look of 18s but for comfort reasons i'm going with 17s. I like the tracklite trak-k, would be nice if they were lighter than 21lb. problem is I can't decide between black or silver

going on . . .

Attachments

·
zoom freakin' zoom
618 Posts
Not that it matters but personally I'm not a fan of black wheels...blend in too much with the tires...but they will compliment your other aesthetic mods so I'll reluctantly vote black.

And had to chuckle at the name given the weight. I was expecting them to be around +/-17lbs. For your average 17" aftermarket wheel that's around the norm. Should be (?) lighter than the stock steelies that are on the car now though.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm not a fan of black wheels either.

BUT!

There is something to be said about this style wheel.
1. Why not buy Enkei Kojins right now instead of these no name brand wheels?
2. This style wheel (very similar to the Kojin) I actually approve of for a black wheel because there is so much open space.

And for me to say I don't mind this wheel in black... well you'd have to know me, or know how much I very much hate black wheels.

At the same time though, it would be pretty easy to get the silver ones, and plastidip them black if you wanted them to be black.

·
Registered
975 Posts
4lbs is a LOT of weight per wheel lol...

Not to mention people actually want Kojins, so they have a far greater resale value than that other brand (that's the way I see it at least).

·
Registered
34 Posts
i typically don't like black wheels, but since you have a silver car with black accents, i think the black ones wouldn't look bad at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts