2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a little searching around the forums and I'll admit, I'm no pro at this site so I may have overlooked this.

I cannot stand how much the infotainment system talks when prompting for anything. "Say a command" is useless. Cant it just beep? And the long winded navigation prompts? Silly.

Anyone know of a way to get rid of this?

·
Registered
327 Posts
You can mute navigation prompts, but that's all know that you can do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I hear ya. Its not convenient but I keep my left thumb on the steering wheel button and as soon as I hear Bitchin' Betty, press the button again. With its verbose response, it seems its setup for first time users. Having to say the city and state each time to find a local address doesn't seem efficient either. It takes too long sometimes too.

Overall, I like the nav a lot, tho.

·
Registered
163 Posts
so for most things, you're saying you can essentially double tap to speed it up once she speaks?
Unfortunately, double taps don't work. Press button, its says, "Say ...", press again. I say, "drive to address", it says, "say ...", press again.

Have to wait for the voice prompts. If it gets hot, it goes slower. If I'm playing Pandora, it goes much slower.

·
Registered
71 Posts
From what I can tell, the VUI (voice user interface) uses both audio files and TTS. Some of the voice alerts can be changed for the nav and some other aspects of the system but I have no idea where "Say a command" is coming from. I can't find any audio files that produce it or files that contain the string, even searching the binaries. It's either an embedded audio file (in a binary) or the "Say a command" string is not in plaintext.

·
Registered
306 Posts
=enslen;1981994 I can't find any audio files that produce it or files that contain the string, even searching the binaries. It's either an embedded audio file (in a binary) or the "Say a command" string is not in plaintext.
he mean the action of "vr"and "vr_vde" both can be turn off or also modified to reach owner accents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts