2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would make one of these to help out others like the countless builds I've seen. And, thanks to everyone who's helped out with "noobish" questions and for the great mod ideas. So, far I have:

NOW:
LEDs interior and trunk
HIDs 6k FOGs 3k (4/15/12)
Plastic Dip emblems (6/9/13)
BC coilovers (ran into a few problems, but fixed) (3/1/14)
Tinted Windows F-35% R-5% (3/28/12)
SPC camber arms (2/??/14)
RSB (2014)
minor debadge

LATER:
Plasti Dip rims (stock 17s)
ms3 wheels with new tires
Painted black roof
SRI

Below are BC coilovers and the hole that needed to be cut for the camber settings to be visible.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before with RM 1.25 - RMs left me at 26.25 at the rear and 25.5 in the front (fender to ground)
Now with BC coilovers- Are at 24.75 all around. (fender to ground)

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HIDs 6000K low with 3000K fogs

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plastic dipped emblems. Probably going to debadge the 2.5 and the 3 after the mazda

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When people do fender to ground measurements, is it wheel well height or inside fender or what?
I tried to be at level ground and checked from the ground all the way up to the outside fender (where the car paint is at). IDK if that's the best way, but it worked. I made sure to have a full tank of gas and someone inside the drivers side to get my measurement with the BCs. Thinking about going lower, maybe tomorrow...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
debadged the 3 and 2.5 in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
liked it better with the badges. Not a fan of debadging at all. Just me though. :)
I like the cleaner look :cool 1: Did this with my 01 prelude, looked way better without the prelude badging. But, everyone's diff :smiley:

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
I like the cleaner look :cool 1: Did this with my 01 prelude, looked way better without the prelude badging. But, everyone's diff :smiley:
I agree with not debadging as well but maybe it will look cleaner once the glue is wiped off. Would love to see some updated pics when you get there :yes:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't fully debadge the "mazda," I guess there is two holes behind it. For now it stays the way it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got ms3 wheels for a sweet deal. Just needs tires. Thanks to a few people who have had ms3 wheels, especially @SkyactiveTwentyThirteen. Because he has the same color combo, so helped me decide.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even though they aren't the lightest rim, I have yet to find anything aftermarket that IMO looks better than the speed3 rims. Nice selection, you won't be disappointed with them!
I actually came across some evo x rims for about 400 and some Oz ultraleggeras for 550, but decided on these because the price was too good to not get them. :banana 1:

That was one of my concerns- the weight of the rims, but they are super clean and cheap. Just curious, have you had any significant mileage reductions or does the car feel sluggish because of the added weight? Or does she drive just the same?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I drive in nothing but traffic all day every day. It's on the highway but nonetheless I never really make highway speed for more than a couple miles. I also drive "spiritedly" lol. No grandpa driving here and still manage about 24-25mpg. I changed to speed3 rims the day after I bought the car so I wouldn't be the one to gauge it accurately at all. I would have thought speed3 rims reduce overall tire weight but I know very little about wheels as of yet.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess I'll keep an eye on it and report back once I get my tires. Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice ride ! Post up some pics with the new wheels on:wink 1:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts