2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone have issues with the Orange Label USB Hub Made in China before? Sadly, the place I brought show a picture of Made in Japan but other picture of Made in China. I am concern on the quality but most review seems overall positive with a few stating some quality issues.
Rectangle Font Magenta Electronics accessory Computer component

Peripheral Font Material property Audio equipment Electronic device

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I bought the China version two months ago and I installed it on my Mazda 3 2017. The case didn't fit in perfectly. It has another shape, minimum but not so much noticeable. It worked OK but all of a sudden I am getting a low res image once I connect my phone and Android Auto is started. Sometimes it gives me a good image, and then, low res again with thin lines that flickers from the icons. I do not know if that's is a HW or cable problem. I would need to check. The problem also started when I updated my phone from Android 11 to Android 12. I will let you know. BTW, I have 70.00.100 and I don't want to update to 70.00.367.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I bought the China version two months ago and I installed it on my Mazda 3 2017. The case didn't fit in perfectly. It has another shape, minimum but not so much noticeable. It worked OK but all of a sudden I am getting a low res image once I connect my phone and Android Auto is started. Sometimes it gives me a good image, and then, low res again with thin lines that flickers from the icons. I do not know if that's is a HW or cable problem. I would need to check. The problem also started when I updated my phone from Android 11 to Android 12. I will let you know. BTW, I have 70.00.100 and I don't want to update to 70.00.367.
Thank you for your information. Another user have issue, with OEM Nav w/ the SD card. Do you happen to use that in your car? ( Mazda Nav does not work after installing AA/Carplay hub ) I would want to stay on 70.00.100 as well esp for the tweaks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed my chinese hub, everything work no resolution issues yet and I have a monoprice usb type c cable for android auto. Google Pixel 3 - Android 12.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts