2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2017 mazda 3 sedan 2.0 6mt that i sometimes take tracking with bilstein shocks, eibach pro springs and yokohama s-drive 235-35-19 tires on enkei raijin 19x8 rims. I have about ~ -1* camber front and rear. I have run between 38-48 psi hot at track on dry pavement but the tires still rub on outer sidewall edges and cause feathering. I had to replace two of the front tires after about 40 laps just because of outer sidewalk edge wear while there was massive tread still left. i’m thinking perhaps even more negative camber is needed and so i should invest in some camber bolts. Anyone has any experience with tires rolling on sidewalks at track or auto-x? thanks...

·
Super Moderator
5,963 Posts
Maybe you should get tires that are more track oriented? Those S-drives aren't exactly up to the task. Camber has little to do with this. The sidewalls are not stiff enough to keep the tread face in contact with the pavement when pushed hard.

·
*The Electrician*
905 Posts
Take it a tiny bit slower in the corners? And those 19's are not helping you......You may look cool while hard parking, but your losing performance.

I highly recommend some separate rims just for track use with some better tires like RE71R's. You'll just burn thru that generic street rubber and be continually frustrated.

·
Registered
510 Posts
try the advan ad08r. they've got hard as sidewalls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts