2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Zoom! Zoom!
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team,

I am about to purchase a set of 20x7" from a 2016 Mazda CX9 and install on my 2011 Mazda 3s.

I want to give a sexy lowering look but with NO RUBBING! What tires and lowering springs you guys suggest? I have attached a pic of the rim am purchasing and a friends car which is an example of how I will like it to look like.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Monique

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
2016 CX-9 rims are 8.5x20 +45. That is going to be huge on any Mazda 3. Finding tires that fit will be an issue. 235/30 - 20 is about the closet available size to keep overall diameter close to where it should be. Options are pretty limited and quite expensive.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Team,

I am about to purchase a set of 20x7" from a 2016 Mazda CX9 and install on my 2011 Mazda 3s.

I want to give a sexy lowering look but with NO RUBBING! What tires and lowering springs you guys suggest? I have attached a pic of the rim am purchasing and a friends car which is an example of how I will like it to look like.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Monique
you would probably want to get the rims + tires first before even attempting to lower. but it will be very difficult to find a good selection of tires and it will be super expensive, and plus the wheels are super heavy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How much do those wheels weight?

I just go around to swapping the wheels on my 2015 with the 16" from my last car and those 18s are like lead. They felt heavier than 18x9.5 wheels I've handled. Can only imagine those 20s

And remember "too much rim make the ride too hard"

***explicit content below***

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
How much do those wheels weight?

I just go around to swapping the wheels on my 2015 with the 16" from my last car and those 18s are like lead. They felt heavier than 18x9.5 wheels I've handled. Can only imagine those 20s
About 35 lbs or so each, without the tire.....

My entire wheel / tire combo is 35 lbs. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts