2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dances With Corners
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time someone gets on my bumper at a stop light, or I go through a drive-thru or car wash, it's beep beep beep time and it's driving me crazy.

Is there any way to turn this off? I've tried every setting I could find and nothing seems to work.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If the beep is from the parking sensor then turn it off using the button

·
Dances With Corners
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no button to turn it off, the only buttons I have are for traction control and tire pressure reset.

I was also having problems with random beeping at highway speeds and came across the thing about the dash dimmer knob, I adjusted that and haven't had the problem since. It might have been due to the same thing.

·
Dances With Corners
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the parking sensor, but it should only work in reverse like you say, and it beeps about things that are a good distance away. That seems to be working as it should.

What I'm talking about is incessant beeping when I'm stopped in drive and there's someone right on my rear bumper, like inches away. Is that normal? If not, then maybe I need to have it looked at.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the parking sensor, but it should only work in reverse like you say, and it beeps about things that are a good distance away. That seems to be working as it should.

What I'm talking about is incessant beeping when I'm stopped in drive and there's someone right on my rear bumper, like inches away. Is that normal? If not, then maybe I need to have it looked at.
I don't think that's normal. Mine only does that when I'm in reverse, backing up and it senses something. I think it's rear collision avoidance system or something like that. My car has never done what you describe at a stop while in D.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Have you installed any DVR security like ADAS? If yes then definately ADAS or answer is NO then check with parking sensor.

·
Registered
720 Posts
When it beeps, do your sideview mirrors light up? If so, could be proximity sensors.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Not right...Do a infotainment factory reset in the infotainment settings, or even disconnect the battery...Beyond that something with the sensor system is defective and needs to be serviced. In this case, it's not about turning anything on/off.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i have the factory front park sensors which are standard in the new 2019 top model. there's a button to turn it off on your steering rack. if it's not that, then nothing should beep anywhere else. reverse sensors and rear cross traffic alert (RCTA) only function when reverse is engaged and blind spot monitoring on activates above a certain speed. (BSM)

·
Dances With Corners
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

I finally had the dealership look at it. It turns out that the leads to the parking sensor had been installed backwards, causing the rear parking sensor to be on all of the time! Fortunately, that was a quick and easy fix.

Now the only annoying thing is that it beeps whenever I put it in reverse, which is unfortunately normal. The way it was before it didn't beep when I put it in reverse, because the sensor was always on :)

I swear, there are way too many beepy things in cars these days. I'm not sure how much safety they add, considering that half the time I have no idea what the car is beeping about :/

Reactions: The Italian

·
Registered
203 Posts
I swear, there are way too many beepy things in cars these days. I'm not sure how much safety they add, considering that half the time I have no idea what the car is beeping about :/
They're working on it! Just saw something the other day where continental (large European supplier) is working on making warning signals/beepers maore intuitive partly by making the sound come from the general area of the vehicle which is affected by the issue. That would be a start!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts