2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus P205/60 R16 91H and the cornering speed seems a little bit low to me before losing traction (I do drive a little more aggresively).

Would CINTURATO P7 or Continental PURECONTACT be a superior upgrade?

Are there any other tires that might be better at that wheel size?

2016 Mazda 3 GS 2.0

·
Registered
104 Posts
Get Continental DWS06, on sale at tirerack. Purecontact is ok DWS is performance all season.

Of course, if you can I'd go summer over All Season if I could.

Some all seasons that "work" in winter (Sub40ºF) but are geared towards summer Michelin PS A/S 3, or BFG Comp Sport 2 A/S

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
my daily tires are BFG sport comp-2 A/S ( i tired 2 sets of the summer versions, with some disappointment)
the A/S grip fairly well, but when pushed hard, they give pretty easy. they do however make up in being well versed in the rain and not having crazy flat spots in the morning

If you are truly looking for grip, Bridgestone RE71R are great tires

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All season is a must as I live in Canada (probably should have mentioned that)

I found something in between what you guys mentioned and slightly better then the one I mentioned I think, let me know what you think of this tire:

Goodyear EAGLE SPORT

Found at tirerack: Goodyear*Eagle Sport All-Season (H- or V-Speed Rated)

Also it says H or V speed rated, what does it mean when they mention both ratings?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If that's the case, go for the DWS06 (DWS standing for dirt, water, snow) It's exactly what you're looking for. I'm biased in favor of conti, though.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
the Sport comp A/s is a UHPA/S tire
the eagles are HPA/S

the eagles will last you longer (in theory) but the BFG tire holds better and does not last a long

Never mind, they don't even offer the BFG tire in your size

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i dislike the Conti DW series tires, way too soft of a side wall. my wheels got road rash from them touching BOTS DOTS and on DURP days, sometimes the road it self.

But they do ride nice.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
If that's the case, go for the DWS06 (DWS standing for dirt, water, snow) It's exactly what you're looking for. I'm biased in favor of conti, though.
Or Dry, Wet and Snow, but you're on the right track.

Can't imagine trying to make an all season tire work in actual snow, but if you don't want to run snow tires, I'd probably skip the better rated dry all seasons like my old Michelin AS3's and the Conti DSW06 as they're more oriented towards summer and only very light snow. If you really want a tire to deal well with snow, it's just not going to handle that well because of the needed siping.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have the stock Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus P205/60 R16 91H and the cornering speed seems a little bit low to me before losing traction (I do drive a little more aggresively).

Would CINTURATO P7 or Continental PURECONTACT be a superior upgrade?

Are there any other tires that might be better at that wheel size?

2016 Mazda 3 GS 2.0
Use a 215/55/16 extreme contact or pilot sports. You won't regret it from a grip standpoint.

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
I went from 422s to 225/55/16 ExtremeContact DW's. Yes grip is better but they really suck the fun out of the car. The sidewalls are so soft that the entire car body rolls.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts