2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Experiencing tire vibration starting at 80 km with my brand new 2020 Mazda3.

Took the car back today and it appears all 4 tires had excessive road force. The dealership was so awesome to swap my wheels with another brand new 2020 Mazda3 and it too had 4 bad tires.....so strange.

Road force values range from 30-50 pounds, (all exceed the run out limit).

I’m at the point where I may just suck it up and go back with what I know best - Michelin Pilot Sport A/3 3+ and maybe I’ll see if the dealer can help with compensation - as I don’t have any trust with these particular version of tires.

Anyone else with a similar issue?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I get a slight vibration from my tires as well at approximately 70-77 mph or so. It's not bad enough where I am going to get new tires, but it's noticeable while holding the steering wheel. I may ask the dealer to check them when I am in for service, but by then, I doubt they will help. Anyway, I too will be switching over to the MPS A/3 3+ when the time comes. I love those tires for all season driving.

·
Super Moderator
4,902 Posts
Hello,

Experiencing tire vibration starting at 80 km with my brand new 2020 Mazda3.

Took the car back today and it appears all 4 tires had excessive road force. The dealership was so awesome to swap my wheels with another brand new 2020 Mazda3 and it too had 4 bad tires.....so strange.

Road force values range from 30-50 pounds, (all exceed the run out limit).

I’m at the point where I may just suck it up and go back with what I know best - Michelin Pilot Sport A/3 3+ and maybe I’ll see if the dealer can help with compensation - as I don’t have any trust with these particular version of tires.

Anyone else with a similar issue?
By road force values do you mean they used a Hunter Road Force machine and did the balancing using 30-50 pounds? If so thats ludicrous......tell them 10 pounds or less, and If they can't get it right tell them to match mount the tires again. 10 pounds with a proper match mount should remove all vibration issues, if it doesn't have the tires checked and have the rims checked for out of round, runout etc.

Is it possible that the guy balancing the tires just has no clue what he is doing? Take a look at your tires. There should be a couple paint dots on the side wall, yellow and red usually. The valve stem should be lined up with one of those dots, or one dot might be aligned with a small mark on the edge of the rim.....if not there is something wrong......

·
Registered
129 Posts
Excessive Road Force (on new tires? )
Is this most frequently due to wheel runout or uneven tread or sidewall stiffness in the tire ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Consider that if the vibration is occuring between 80kmh and 100kmh and a balancing doesn't solve it, it may be related to the cylinder deactivation system if you have it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
By road force values do you mean they used a Hunter Road Force machine and did the balancing using 30-50 pounds? If so thats ludicrous......tell them 10 pounds or less, and If they can't get it right tell them to match mount the tires again. 10 pounds with a proper match mount should remove all vibration issues, if it doesn't have the tires checked and have the rims checked for out of round, runout etc.

Is it possible that the guy balancing the tires just has no clue what he is doing? Take a look at your tires. There should be a couple paint dots on the side wall, yellow and red usually. The valve stem should be lined up with one of those dots, or one dot might be aligned with a small mark on the edge of the rim.....if not there is something wrong......
I wouldn't be surprised if the person balancing was clueless, as the kid balancing my tires didn't secure them properly, fucked up the face of my rim and the wheel wasn't even balanced😂
Luckily the dealer is going to cover the cost of refinishing the face and fixing the pothole chip may only set me back $25 as I'm having them take the wheel to a repair shop of my choosing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts