2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about the O.C. Ultraleggera 18x8 48mm offset for my 14 Mazda3 S GT. The stock tires are 215/45R18. I was thinking of pairing that wheel with a set of Conti DWS06. Should I stick with the stock tire size or go up to maybe 225/45R18? I'm at stock ride height and just not sure of what will work better.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about the O.C. Ultraleggera 18x8 48mm offset for my 14 Mazda3 S GT. The stock tires are 215/45R18. I was thinking of pairing that wheel with a set of Conti DWS06. Should I stick with the stock tire size or go up to maybe 225/45R18? I'm at stock ride height and just not sure of what will work better.
Work better for what? The difference is negligible between those two sizes. A pound heavier, a tiny bit taller and wider, won't make a lot of difference except to your wallet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just worried about stretching the tires too much. I know 8 inches is the max for 215mmm, but I don't know if that max was conservatively set or if I would be pushing it.

Definitely going DWS06. I hear nothing but good things.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
I was just worried about stretching the tires too much. I know 8 inches is the max for 215mmm, but I don't know if that max was conservatively set or if I would be pushing it.

Definitely going DWS06. I hear nothing but good things.
215 should be fine. Going wider you will get a slightly wider footprint and maybe lose a small amount of steering response. Any difference should be minimal and not really noticeable in daily driving situations.

The DWS06 is good, but the new Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is supposed to be better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts