2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if anything needs to be done with TPMS after tire rotation, i.e. how does the car know which sensor corresponds to which corner? Or the car automatically knows, perhaps due to sensor reader location?

Is the system by ID, or location?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I were the engineer to receive the task to develop a function which would determine which TPMS sensor was located at which corner, I would look into the steering angle and the rotation speeds of each wheel, they will all be different (during cornering) and can be estimated by using the steering wheel angle, the vehicle speed as well as the width and the wheelbase of the vehicle.

At least this is how I would do. :)

Your vehicle learns it automatically concerning which sensor is on which corner, after a bit of a drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've rotated front to back with no TPMS issues.
Thanks! Do you mean after rotation, the tire positions (i.e. the tire pressure screen in vehicle info on center screen) is automatically updated and correct after rotation? I mean, I don't expect error light to come up, but just curious about the position update.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks! Do you mean after rotation, the tire positions (i.e. the tire pressure screen in vehicle info on center screen) is automatically updated and correct after rotation? I mean, I don't expect error light to come up, but just curious about the position update.
I didn't look at the screen right after (few months ago), but I have recently, and everything is normal as far as I can tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts