2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open question, may be a silly one, can the tire inflator in the boot/trunk be used to pump up the tires? Not fill them with the gunk, but just put more air in them?

·
Registered
692 Posts
There was no such device in my US car .

It did come with a spare "doughnut" that is good for lower speeds and a few miles to get to a tire repair facility.

Saltski, did your car come with a spare too, or just the "inflator"?

I don't believed I'd use the inflator if it is intended to get you home after a flat, especially if it contains a substance to plug the flat. I bought an electric pump for adding air when needed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As Ralph stated, the MX-5 doesn't come with a spare, so we get a kit with a can of goop and an electric pump, but you don't have to hook up the can if you just want to inflate your tire with simple air.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
I have a tiny electric compressor I travel with on all our road trips, and also a can of Slime Spair. Was "caught" with a flat in our car in the middle of Wyoming on a Saturday morning last July, and this tiny compressor, took it from 0 to 30 PSI within four months, and was able to find a service station to fix it (yeah luck). Does not take up much space and a lot easier than pumping up a 285/25/R19 tire by hand. And when we take a different car on a road trip, that little compressor always comes along. Stays home for around town driving for always AAA and similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts