2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles do your current tires have?
14000 on the stock Dunlop SP Sport 5000s, and they are already down to 5/32nds of tread. With a mid-atlantic winter around the corner, that isn't a chance I want to take (especially since the Dunlops have lousy snow traction even with full tread...)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Get the Contis. I've had two sets and absolutely love them. Conti has a rebate going right now. $70.

Reactions: GerryB and Ryche

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get the Contis. I've had two sets and absolutely love them. Conti has a rebate going right now. $70.
Leaning towards the Conti's now - I figured when two retailers laughed @ Sumitomo pricing, that probably wasn't a good thing...

Local dealer is offering a buy 3, get the 4th for $1.00, and I have a $150 credit from Mazda (goodwill for putting old POS Dunlops on a "new" car), and the dealer is offering $140 in rebates (if I qualify for a Ford Credit Card)... gonna push my luck and see if I can get 'em to price match with some other brick and mortar stores around my area...

One quick question - Did the Contis affect your mileage at all (either up or down?) from previous tires - Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
After driven 30,000km on these stock dunlop sp5000. I had to say that this is one of the worst all season tires i ever experience. It noisy, crappy tread wear and minimum grip on dry/wet pavement. I already took this tires off to storage lol. Currently on Firehawk Indy 500 ver.2 so far I'm loving it

·
Registered
401 Posts
I installed Michelin AS/3's on Enkei 17 inch rims 225/45-17 and they are great. Street, dry and wet and even track they work and wear well. A few friends have gone with them and all share the same review.

·
Registered
'15 Mazda3
172 Posts
I use Sumitomo's on my Syclone and they perform great at the track, plus on the street they ride and wear very well. I used Sumi's on my '95 Neon also, I put 80k on one set.

·
Working Class Hero
3,784 Posts
Leaning towards the Conti's now - I figured when two retailers laughed @ Sumitomo pricing, that probably wasn't a good thing...

Local dealer is offering a buy 3, get the 4th for $1.00, and I have a $150 credit from Mazda (goodwill for putting old POS Dunlops on a "new" car), and the dealer is offering $140 in rebates (if I qualify for a Ford Credit Card)... gonna push my luck and see if I can get 'em to price match with some other brick and mortar stores around my area...

One quick question - Did the Contis affect your mileage at all (either up or down?) from previous tires - Thanks!
I've been through a couple sets of Contis. Love them to death.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I got 60k on the dunlops. Despite previous issues with Conti's. I bought a set. I'm rather impressed with the DWS 06 version. They've thus far held up beyond my expectations when it comes to potholes etc. Plus they hold 50psi just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts