2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Tire Damaged

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  BMWWW 
#1 ·
hi, today i noticed my right side tire looks tear on the both side, but on left side tire looks good and i replaced only left side tire recently bcoz of big puncture that same time done wheel balance and alignment.
Attached the picture for your suggestions, any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
For the second reply, i drive 3 miles and the tire normal not feel any heat on tire.

The side of the tire looks clean, there is no damage on the side, but only onthe upper side as the image.

maybe this from bad break pads ? even i not drive per day more than 30km. office to home only.

#5 ·
Oh my god, this tire must have been beaten to death, either by extreme temperatures, extreme road conditions or else.....
There is cracks even at the bottom of the longitudinal grooves.
No apparent signs of bad alignment.
This goes largely beyond that.
I have seen tires in this conditions after years and years of service in hard winter conditions in Canada, extreme freezing temperatures -40 celsius and harsh road conditions, salt, sand, gravel and potholes.
Just an opinion.
In fact, did you went to the moon!!!!!!
o_O;)😮

#6 ·
trom666 , i agree you. my road is bad, actually my daily drive distance is 8km to office and back 8km to home. so 2 to 3 km road is not good, we called it service road. but there is no holes or bad hump. here temperature is 35C now it will go upto 40C in coming months.

what is the solution for this issue ? should i change the both front tires ? or it related to any breaking issue. i never drive very harsh even i my max speed is 100km per/hr.

#10 ·
i must check the tire date, its been around 2 years didn't change the tire, bcoz not drive much, recently change right side tire only coz of the bad puncher. tomorrow ill check wit tire shop and ask them wt make this cause , sure tomorrow i will update it here.

#13 · (Edited)
Couple of things. Sounds like you live in the desert.

You'll want some tire protectant spray. Spray it on regularly especially when it's sitting in the sun.

Then, you'll want better tires for the type of road you are are. Assuming you have the 16 inch wheels.

Tougher tires.

#14 ·
A '16 manufacture date is old enough to replace regardless of treadlife if it's been through extreme conditions. If it was me I would go ahead and replace it, I don't trust any tire that starts to develop cracks in the sidewalls.

Like gregersonke suggested, apply some protectant spray to help keep the rubber conditioned. If that doesn't help you might just have to replace the tires more often (every 4 years vs. 6-7 years) regardless of miles driven if you're in constant 100F degree weather.

#15 ·
Hi
week before replaced all 4 tires, i bought Dunlop tires and they do free tire balance and alignment for free, they don't have tire protect spray, so i bought one from another store, this liquid apply only on side of the tire or must be all over the tire.

#16 ·
Primarily the sidewall of the tire that you see when mounted to the car. Wouldn't hurt to put it on the sidewall facing inside.
NOT to be applied to the tread of the tire.
It's more to protect the sidewalls from the UV rays of the sun.. think sunscreen for your tires.
4 year old tires aren't old in regular conditions, seems like you live in an extreme climate that is accelerating tread wear like the others are saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.