2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mazda 3 Lover
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

it would be very nice to share your tips and tricks to keep your car clean and shining. how to you proceed and what product you use. Recently wax my car with abro product but it seems that meguire is the number one.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I use only Meguiar's products, they are great!

I follow these steps for a regular wash:

1- Touchless Rinse: I spray with the hoe to remove dirt and dust from the body of the car, clean dirt and brake dust from wheels, allowing me to have a cleaner surface to work with before I begin with the touch wash.

2- Touch Wash (tires first then body): Remember to have 2 buckets with grit guards, 1 for the shampoo and the second with clean water for rinsing, the grit guards makes the dirt stay on the bottom of your buckets. For the shampoo I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and for cleaning Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt.

3- Dry: I use Meguiar's Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel

Depending on the condition of your paint you might want to clay the car if really needed --->compound ---> polish---> wax. For all of these procedures besides claying I use Meguiar's DA Polish Machine and Meguiar's Ultimate Line of Products.

Here is a pic of "Dolores" after: wash---> clay---> polish ---> wax

Attachments

·
Mazda 3 Lover
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use only Meguiar's products, they are great!

I follow these steps for a regular wash:

1- Touchless Rinse: I spray with the hoe to remove dirt and dust from the body of the car, clean dirt and brake dust from wheels, allowing me to have a cleaner surface to work with before I begin with the touch wash.

2- Touch Wash (tires first then body): Remember to have 2 buckets with grit guards, 1 for the shampoo and the second with clean water for rinsing, the grit guards makes the dirt stay on the bottom of your buckets. For the shampoo I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax and for cleaning Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt.

3- Dry: I use Meguiar's Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel

Depending on the condition of your paint you might want to clay the car if really needed --->compound ---> polish---> wax. For all of these procedures besides claying I use Meguiar's DA Polish Machine and Meguiar's Ultimate Line of Products.

Here is a pic of "Dolores" after: wash---> clay---> polish ---> wax
thanks for the info.
and what are you using to have a shiny dashboard? am using the abro spray but it does not leaves it shiny

·
Registered
988 Posts
And what are you using to have a shiny dashboard? am using the abro spray but it does not leaves it shiny
I use Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer, although this does not provide a shiny gloss since I personally don't like it. This cleaner leaves a natural OE look on the plastics, which is exactly what I like.

There are other products in the Meguiar's lineup which do offer the shiny gloss or satin look that you are looking for.

·
Working Class Hero
3,611 Posts
Making the dash shiny will result in oxidation of the product used to make it shiny, in turn fogging the crap out of the inside of your windows. Clean it and leave it with the natural Sheen.

Exterior wise, I use a combination of Griot's Garage cleaning products, Chemical Guys Black Light glaze/sealant and HD Poxy synthetic wax. More than pleased with the results and longevity. Between waxings I use Griot's Garage spray on wax while drying the car. Water just keeps on beading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gerry is right on regarding Black Light, its crazy shiny...good stuff...We all have our favorite products, you will get many recommendations.....so I will submit only one of my must haves. Optimum "Opti-Bond Tire Gel...this will give your tires a subtle sheen that will bead for a few weeks. It can also be used on all interior/exterior vinyl & rubber surfaces. wait until you use it on the B pillars. beautiful look

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,341 Posts
I use Griot's Terry Weave Drying Towel, Mequiar's Gold Class Carnauba Wax Spray and Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer Wipes for the interior.

I go to a drive through touch less car wash at my gas station that only costs $6 when you fill up with gas. I then dry, spray on the wax and polish it in with the Griot's drying towel, which is the best towel for car care that I have ever used. It leaves no fibers or streaks behind and it can absorb a ton of water and still be usable. I highly recommend it.
CK

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wash steps:

1. I first rinse the car using a power washer, then I use my foam cannon with Chemical Guys Mr. Pink Shampoo (I let it soak for 5 minutes) and then rinse it after.
2. Two bucket method with the same shampoo. But during winter I just use the foam cannon twice to get rid of the dirt and grime.
3. I use a leaf blower to dry the entire car.
4. Wax (I usually do this every 2 weeks). I use Autoglym HD wax.
5. I just wipe the interior clean with a damp microfiber towel first, then a dry microfiber towel after.

I usually use clay and polish my car every year, and then exterior glass detailing (removing water spots and wiper marks) and paint sealant before and after winter.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,341 Posts
I wash my car and apply a spray on carnauba wax weekly. I clean the interior as needed, which is every few days. Quick Interior Detailer Wipes and microfiber towels for cleaning up after the kids.

I apply Meguiar's Ultimate Black Tire Coating once or twice a month, as the stuff lasts really well.

I also use Meguiar's Ultimate Polishing Compound as needed, which is usually once every 6 months. It removes any light swirl marks or dullness from your finish. Apply a nice sealant/wax after the polishing compound and your car will shine like crazy.
CK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts