2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Tint and Clear Bra Installation

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  pro 
#1 ·
Hey guys if anyone is looking for a great tint job or a clear bra shield installation you have to check out United Solar. They are a local family owned shop that does window tinting and graphics. Bobby and his wife are the owners and operators of the shop. They are awesome to work with and will give you one of the best prices in town.

They offer Llumar products and stand behind their 5 year warranty against defects. I had them tint my windows and installed a Clear Bra Shield and Bobby did an amazing job for half the price the dealership wanted. Plus I got a few extra places covered at no extra charge.

They are located in the Southlake Boulevard / Trade Rd area off Midlothian Turnpike and Courthouse Rd. in Richmond.

United Solar
10821 Trade Rd.
Richmond Va 23236

#5 ·
Dam, hope you went with at least 35%. 50% is maximum legal tint in Va:argh 1:. Hopefully they will lower to 35% in near future. But to me the 50% is kind of a waste. You can barely tell its on there.

Luckily with my car I can haz 20% on back doors and hatch. And I got 35% on front sides. Also got the 20% on front windshield down to the A S 1 line.

#6 ·
I would like to check the place out but im too far north in alexandria. I do need a clear bra however(lots of highway).
None the less the legal in VA is 50% on the front drivers/passengers side & 35 on the rest(back passengers doors and rear).
Im 35 all around, with a black interior it tends to appear darker, so its a good trade off.

#7 ·
Mind if I ask how much it would be for this? I would love to get this done to my new 2012 3 hatchback since I drive about 115 miles a day on the interstate.. :p Bugs are one thing, they can mostly be sprayed off, but rock chips.. ugh, DO NOT WANT. :) Richmond is only about a 2 hour drive from me, (i'm in Harrisonburg)

#8 ·
I know you can get the precut sheets and do it your self... not to sure how great that would come out however.
I am on the interstate a ton as well for work. I have become pretty good with a claybar to say the least. As for the chips and
raw dammage i purchased the touchup paint. after a coat of wax and a good buff the little chips disappear pretty well.

this is a dirty pic after 2 years of interstate. nothing to bad yet.

Edit: you can see the bugs :)

#9 ·
I know you can get the precut sheets and do it your self... not to sure how great that would come out however.
I am on the interstate a ton as well for work. I have become pretty good with a claybar to say the least. As for the chips and
raw dammage i purchased the touchup paint. after a coat of wax and a good buff the little chips disappear pretty well.

this is a dirty pic after 2 years of interstate. nothing to bad yet.

Edit: you can see the bugs :)
Damn, looks nice. :) I actually looked up the place in Richmond and called them, and i'll be about $450 to get it done, with a 10 year guarantee.. I think I'll be going there as soon as I can save up the cash for it. I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.