2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
205 Posts
Steering feel will change depending on your alignment numbers.
The Mazda 3 has a single point for rear toe and camber adjustment. If you add negative camber toe will change too. The car will not feel right and you may end up with uneven wear. This is why to make proper alignment adjustments you need to have adjustable arms. More camber will provide more grip in the corners. Toe in at the rear makes the car track straight. Less toe in will reduce the tendency to push so it will turn in faster.
So if you get adjustable camber arms, might as well also get the adjustable toe arms?

For the front, I'm installing camber bolts.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
205 Posts
What about the cam bolts on the rear lower control arms? Are those not effective enough to decrease camber on lowered cars?

·
Super Moderator
5,475 Posts
Only to get "within factory spec", which means within a degree or two......Most shops just get the wheels between the green lines. This can end up with one tire with negative camber and one with positive camber.....
If you want a precision alignment you'll probably want to use adjustable arms. The new camber arms move the top of the wheel, not the bottom, so you get better clearance for wider tires vs moving the bottom with the top staying put. Also, I think you'll find that moving the lower control arm to change camber also changes the toe a bit, and there is no adjustment on the toe arms. So, using adjustable arms will give you complete control over both toe and camber.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 iGT
205 Posts
Only to get "within factory spec", which means within a degree or two......Most shops just get the wheels between the green lines. This can end up with one tire with negative camber and one with positive camber.....
If you want a precision alignment you'll probably want to use adjustable arms. The new camber arms move the top of the wheel, not the bottom, so you get better clearance for wider tires vs moving the bottom with the top staying put. Also, I think you'll find that moving the lower control arm to change camber also changes the toe a bit, and there is no adjustment on the toe arms. So, using adjustable arms will give you complete control over both toe and camber.
yeah, that's what I noticed. Using the factory cam bolt would likely affect the toe as well. Thanks for the info.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts