2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was typing up a more in depth question but it got off track. My non-winter wheels are 19's from the Mazda6.
They rub when driving spirited and over some bumps. I am currently lowered on Euro Eibachs (about the same drop as CS Springs)

SO my question is what should I do about this. The fit is perfect, so i can either get a different set of springs, try aftermarket dampers or
replace both the springs and dampers.

I look forward to the variety of opinions. Oh an I drive about 60 miles a day, and don't really want to get coilovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They seem to be bottoming out in the wheel well. I know Chazzy has the same set up but with different springs, thus that is a known solution.
Its just not the solution I want to choose at this point.

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
They seem to be bottoming out in the wheel well. I know Chazzy has the same set up but with different springs, thus that is a known solution.
Its just not the solution I want to choose at this point.
Thats a problem. Higher ride height is the easiest solution. Stiffer springs might help but they won't play very well with oem dampers. Smaller wheel/tire combo is $$$$$$. Maybe longer bump stops if you have enough compression travel left in the dampers?
Another last ditch solution is one I have heard from MX-5 auto-xers to get around certain classing rules. Some guys have been known to use a heat gun to soften, stretch and reshape plastic inner fender liners, creating relief pockets above the tires. Just saying......:wink2:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
So i was typing up a more in depth question but it got off track. My non-winter wheels are 19's from the Mazda6.
They rub when driving spirited and over some bumps. I am currently lowered on Euro Eibachs (about the same drop as CS Springs)

SO my question is what should I do about this. The fit is perfect, so i can either get a different set of springs, try aftermarket dampers or
replace both the springs and dampers.

I look forward to the variety of opinions. Oh an I drive about 60 miles a day, and don't really want to get coilovers.
The Euro Eibachs & Prokits are wound differently. The former, linear. The latter, progressive....which means on bigger loads/dips, the springs progressively stiffen to help prevent bottoming out better than the stock rated linear Euro Eibachs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the real issue is that the wheels came with 225/45's while others here are using a 225/40 and that is adding almost 1/2 an inch to the side wall height.

That being said I am going to replace my dampers and hope for the best until the tires need replacement. Now time for the next decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts