2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mazda3 2.0L 2006 manual with a bit of wobble on and off throttle. I can see this sometimes in the needle with light throttle as it flicks either up or down about 100 or so RPM. When letting off throttle to coast in gear, even when making sure to be very light, the car wobbles forward and back like a fast lurch. This appears to be happening at the same time the engine braking kicks in/ stops.

When in lower gears this is more pronounced, and it has made slower speeds really annoying to drive in as anytime I need to keep speed I have to disengage clutch and gas it again constantly.

I cleaned out the butterfly valve since it had a bunch of carbon buildup inside it. No change. Also replaced the passenger side mount and that fixed some things but not this. Is this just a quirk of the car and I'm just paranoid? I've driven other manuals and maybe it was because I was newer with stick at the time but I do not remember the feeling being there.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
How are you engine mounts looking? Any cracks? After 10+ years of driving it, I'm guessing that all of the engine mounts need replacing or they will soon.
CK

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
I think cerealkiller is right on, motor mounts are notoriously weak on these models and cause rough/odd shifting when failing as the biggest side effect. both my manual 08 2.3 and my auto 11 2.5 3 (same mount system) had bad mounts and once replaced shifted much better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts