2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one knows other than cold climates the flow of the coolant via the TB is necessary, I just see that is heating the air unnecessarily.... maybe I can delete that with a bypass..

any ideas.

Ps. I live in a 32C, country....

·
Banned
842 Posts
The heating of any intake air is a formula set in the ECU in order to run the most efficient for lowest emission ,best MPH and also power output. Doing any changes to lower operating temperature or modifying the cooling the system should be carefully considered. You may run into a condition without re-calibrating adjustments in the ECU make a good running car less then that.

Unless you plan on performance driving your MAZDA often the least I would recomend is perhaps a manual bypass (directing connected at the fans wire or after any voltage/ohm controlled wire) to the radiator fans or a aftermarket thermostatically control kit to accurate the fans at lower temperatures and or simply actuate them at full rotation instead of staged. I do want to state that it is not necessary in most daily driver applications and results will vary but never in a negative way if installed and set up correctly.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makes sense..
I just saw a CX5 video, and I dont see the coolant hose.. the one I thought it was that is not....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts