2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,234 Posts
Wow!! If that doesn't say something about the qualify of the new Mazda 3 I don't know what will! Great find! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the post IronLion! 3 guys who test drive new cars for a living.. spent their money on the Mazda 3. :clap: That pretty much sums it up. And although I'm prejudice, I also think the 5 door looks the best.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And although I'm prejudice, I also think the 5 door looks the best.
Yeah what I found interesting was that the 5 door performed better than the 4 door according to their own tests. There are of course so many variables involved with testing different products but I'm glad to know my 5 door can stop in under 120 feet in good conditions.

·
1,234 Posts
I didn't read the Edmunds review yet -- what did the 5 door do better than the sedan? I have a 2008.5 Mazda 3s GT sedan right now but might upgrade to a 2010 Mazda 3s GT hatchback. Sat in one at the dealer the other day, liked the amount of headroom and storage in the back!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I recall correctly, skidpad performance was .05 better in the 5 door versus when they tested the 4 door, and braking performance was as good as 8 feet shorter 0-60 stopping difference (119 vs 127 if my numbers are correct).

·
Registered
412 Posts
The braking distance on the 5-door they tested was much better. However, who knows? There could have been a problem with the pads on the other car, or tires, or other variable.

The 5-door in this test stopped remarkably well. I can tell you that our 2010 5-door, ZZ, with her brakes fully seasoned and bedded and with Sumitomo HRZ III tires on her stops hard enough to make your eyes bulge out.

Great review, thanks for posting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts