2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
What's your climate like? I've definitely had seizing of pads due to corrosion buildup between caliper and shim. I've had to beat them out with a hammer! I suspect it's because we have a lot of salt on the roads here in the winter. Several friends have also had the same problem.

I'm just curious. Lost a set of rear pads with 45k kms on them, still a sore spot for me.

I live in the place that many good old cars come from. :) California central valley into the bay area. I think my car has been exposed to salt maybe twice up in the mountains. Plenty of dust exposure, but very little salt. The rear calipers look like they could use an anti-corrosion coating of sorts in the rougher climates. My first set of rears did go around 29k but then I got 93k out of the second set and I'm on my third still. My car doesn't even burn oil.
Regarding the Android upgrade. Is that something an owner can perform or does it require special equipment only available to dealers?
There is instructions, and yes if you are mechanical you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Regarding the Android upgrade. Is that something an owner can perform or does it require special equipment only available to dealers?
No you can do it yourself. There's instructions also in these forums.

Really, it's about time you took a look around!

I'd recommend getting a set of plastic tools for interror trim off Amazon or something. That way you won't damage anything during the install process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys- I'm looking for a car for my wife who was in a wreck that totaled her Scion aX. We've been looking for several months and she has fallen in love with the Mazda 3 Hatchback in red. Since we have been looking the prices here have crept up staying just out of reach for us by a few hundred dollars. I have been watching for a 2016 iTouring - she wants leather - dual zone - heated seats and mirrors and a sunroof. I want to make sure it has the 2.5L. We're paying cash.

I have come across a 2014 GT with all the bells and whistles with 48K miles for $13,600 (before dealer fees).

EDITED TO ADD: sGrand Touring model with Technology package.

Carfax has it as sold here in this local market - 2 owners. Personal use - No crashes. 1st owner - 13,231 miles/yr -- 2nd owner 6,022 miles/yr. Brakes rotors resurfaced on 10/11/19.

I'm not sure about a 5 year old car, and I am concerned about the amount of miles.

2014 was a redesign year - are there any bugs that needed to be worked out?

Am I better off holding out for a newer lower trim level with fewer miles (for more money)?

Any insight you guys can give me would be a great help.

Thanks!!!
I have a 2016 S GT hatch with 40k miles. very few problems and I love it

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am just breaking in my 2016 iTouring hatch... 38,000 miles. In regards to getting wider tires, I have 16 inch rims. Would the 225/45/16 also be a smart up grade than the factory 215/45/16?

·
Super Moderator
4,427 Posts
I am just breaking in my 2016 iTouring hatch... 38,000 miles. In regards to getting wider tires, I have 16 inch rims. Would the 225/45/16 also be a smart up grade than the factory 215/45/16?
Nope. The stock 16" rims are 6.5" wide. 205s or 215s are ok, 225s are a bit too wide and will compromise the cars handling properties somewhat. OEM size is 205/60-16, not 215/45-16 also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, as a 1st time Mazda owner, I just purchased my 2014 Mazda3i GT Hatchback with 48K on it, I can only say Go For It! It's been awesome for the past 6 months, knock on wood :)

Ican't help much on the car specs but i can say, the learning curve on the dash mounted display was super quick. I was really impressed with how easily it was to get familiar with.

I got mine for $11,900, so unless your in a rush to buy, like i was. I think you can do better on the price. Over $13K for the 2014 GT's is just too much :) i didn't even have much time to shop around and had 3 to choose from, all under $13K. I was replacing a totalled car and had 3 weeks.

If you're used to having extra bells and whistles, definitely stay with the GT models. I am already looking forward to buying a New Mazda in a couple years.

Happy Car Hunting!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts