2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I'm pretty new to this whole community and even the Mazda 3 vehicle, I got the 2012 GTS, with everything on it, I got a couple ideas that would be cool but questions to go along with it I'm hoping you guys know the solutions to!
Starting with the exterior: Are the parking lights the lights that blink when you lock the car and turn on the alarm? My idea was to have underglow that flashes underneath the car as you set the alarm does any one think there's a possible way? And if possible I know that if it is the parking lights that if I wired the underglow to them they would be on anytime the parking lights go on, any way to avoid that? If not its okay.
Here's the LONG Shot:
Interior: As you open the doors/start the car you have the blue LEDs around the dash and behind the handles, I wanted to buy a interior neon kit and hook it up to those so Whenever the blue LEDs behind the handles go on the footwell ones I wanna install go on to, this ones the longest shot only because I don't think there's any way to get to the wires that run to the blue LEDs on the door, but if there is I would love to know!
Thanks to anyone who is willing to read all this and provide me with some feedback!
Mav

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
150 Posts
THe parking lights are the same bulb as the alarm blinkers. The first one could work if you completely rewired your parking lights... IMO underglow is retarded... a faded fad from the 90's.

As for the interior lights... i think the 2010's had door handle lighting.... shoulda just bought that! Its gonna be a real challenge to wire it any other way... though im sure its possible somehow..

make sure you get pictures up if you ever do something like this!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THe parking lights are the same bulb as the alarm blinkers. The first one could work if you completely rewired your parking lights... IMO underglow is retarded... a faded fad from the 90's.

As for the interior lights... i think the 2010's had door handle lighting.... shoulda just bought that! Its gonna be a real challenge to wire it any other way... though im sure its possible somehow..

make sure you get pictures up if you ever do something like this!
Hey thanks for your feedback man, and about the inside I DO have the HANDLE LEDs I just wanted to know if you or anyone knew where that wire was so I could add FOOTWELL LEDs

·
Registered
633 Posts
You need to be extremely careful about adding extra load to any of the interior lighting, IIRC all of the lighting is wired through the Body control module, and if you overload that thing you are looking at mucho dinero to replace.

A few members here have found this out the hard way.

Pat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to be extremely careful about adding extra load to any of the interior lighting, IIRC all of the lighting is wired through the Body control module, and if you overload that thing you are looking at mucho dinero to replace.

A few members here have found this out the hard way.

Pat.
Oh wow I understand, what did other people try to do? I just want to add these small features just so I can call it my own and I like lights that match the rest of the car

·
Registered
633 Posts
Oh wow I understand, what did other people try to do? I just want to add these small features just so I can call it my own and I like lights that match the rest of the car

I don't remember offhand, I do remember that a few members fried the BCM adding extra lights to the car. Do a search and see what you find.Definitely do not short out any wires, this will fry the BCM for sure.

Pat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts