2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a totally big deal as it is just a broken tail light cover, the light still works. I was pulling out of the driveway this morning and didn't see the damn trashcan, busting the taillight cover. I was horrified. I know absolutely almost nothing about cars, what do I do? Like I said the light still works, I just need a new cover I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
You could stop by your dealer and play dumb they might just hook ya up. Probably gonna be replacing the whole tail light though

·
Registered
247 Posts
I highly doubt the dealer will help out and I will be VERY suprised if they do, I would go through your insurance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I highly doubt the dealer will help out and I will be VERY suprised if they do, I would go through your insurance.
Already went to the dealer and they are charging $175 for the whole unit to be replaced. They are having the part shipped from Texas so I will have it replaced in about a week; for now it has some tape on there.

The whole ordeal could have been a lot worse, I am lucky that none of the paint was chipped or scratched, literally just that little plastic hole was punctured by the trashcan.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Not bad for the tail lights, I thought it would be more expensive than that. Having a back up camera would help a lot :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just wonder if there is any place online that you can order and save some money. When I have Toyota/Honda, I can easily order parts online and save quite a lot compared to get them directly from my local dealer.

·
Registered
468 Posts
$175 is surprisingly cheap..
this includes the parts & labor?

Does your tailights have LED? if not, this could be the reason for the lowered pricing.

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
I guess I could, huh?

I don't see why not. Take a look in the trunk. Us gen2 hatchback have easy access to the bolts that hold in our tail lights, you might to. Also, look for a used set of LED tails on the site that Spoon recommended. You just might get lucky and find a cheap set.

·
Registered
468 Posts
$175 for the part and $75 for the labor. And no LED's as I have the i sport model.
$250 to replace it is still pretty good.
You can try to replace it yourself, as the taillights are one of the more easier parts to replace.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have looked at the Assembly a bit trying to do a custom tail taillight mod. It's vary simple just remove the plastic clips that hold the sides of the trunk. Undo the wires. Unbolt and replace. Simple actually. The other side on the trunk. No effing idea..... Sadly that stopped my mod... Thing just wouldn't come free

·
Registered
66 Posts
Damn, I also reversed onto a neighbour's trash bin earlier this morning, however quick inspection hasn't revealed any broken parts or scratch on paint.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not a totally big deal as it is just a broken tail light cover, the light still works. I was pulling out of the driveway this morning and didn't see the damn trashcan, busting the taillight cover. I was horrified. I know absolutely almost nothing about cars, what do I do? Like I said the light still works, I just need a new cover I think.
Sucks! I take it you don't have the rear backup camera? if so, do you wish you had it now?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts