2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Put it back on your car when you sell it. Let the next person who buys your car pass emissions.
If your trade in your car to a dealer the dealer is obligated to resell your car to the next person with the emissions system intact. The dealer is going to want to see both cats installed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the funny thing is I traded the car in to the main mazda dealership in riverside. they actually gave me an extra 1000 dollars for trading it in that day. i told them i need to take all my mods off. I was stoked! they wanted to sell me a car right then and there. so now I have this Cat that i dont need.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yeah the catalytics has platinum in there, I know some ghetto areas they would literally crawl under there and saw off your cat, somehow extract the platinum and sell it for a good amount of money. I remember I had to replace the main cat on my frontier once and it was $1500 from the dealer just for the part alone!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah the catalytics has platinum in there, I know some ghetto areas they would literally crawl under there and saw off your cat, somehow extract the platinum and sell it for a good amount of money. I remember I had to replace the main cat on my frontier once and it was $1500 from the dealer just for the part alone!
Lmao. That happened to my ex-Father-in-law.:punk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts