2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda3 Touring [SKYACTIV-G 2.5]
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First of all, a new 2018? And second, Japanese VIN? I thought these 2018s were all built in Mexico for the US / California market...

·
WEEBO KILLER
39 Posts
That im aware of the more expensive 2.5 s grand touring are always built in japan the lower tiers are random most made in mexico and some in japan

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It's definitely strange to call a 2018 'new' but not impossible. This may be a car that just didn't sell for whatever reason. However, I did notice that the dealer is not listing the milage....that would be the first thing I'd check. Maybe this was a demo car? You need more info. This isn't necessarily a scam but I'd be cautious.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Go to the dealer's web site and it's pretty obvious that he's claiming (assuming the site is up to date) he has two 2018s (one sedan Touring and one 5 door GT) that are new left over 2018s. Prices shown are MSRP. I can only imagine what kind of smokin' deal can be had on these two. He also lists a black 2017 hatch in the same grouping that is clearly stated as used.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe a dealer or demo car can technically be sold as new as long as it has less than 10k and only used under the dealership's ownership. Might just be hearsay though...

·
Registered
48 Posts
The 2018s had huge discounts when the 19s came out. I suspect some kept a few to earn a better margin now. Could be a smart business move.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,053 Posts
Maybe for customers not liking the new generation? Many were scratching their head about some of the early news that came out before its launch.. torsion beam.. no turbo.. no sky-x at initial launch.. etc.
CK

Reactions: 19-AWD-3

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe for customers not liking the new generation? Many were scratching their head about some of the early news that came out before its launch.. torsion beam.. no turbo.. no sky-x at initial launch.. etc.
CK
When is Sky-X coming out anyways?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,053 Posts
It may not in the US.. that was the last I heard. They are working on hybrid and diesels.. it seems..
CK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 2018 Grand Touring 2.5 was built in Mexico.
And there really is no rhyme or rhythm to where it's assembled. I have seen examples of all trim levels across several model years post-2013 assembled in MX and JP. My best guess is that when the Salamanca plant hasn't been able to keep up with orders they ship units from the one in Hofu.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In 2022 when the new Mazda 6 with the 280 hp SA-X I-6 motor is released......
You won't see the current 4 cylinder version here most likely.
Bummer-- I like the small package of the 3. Choosing my 2.5L 3rd gen felt like splitting the difference between the 3 and the 6.

Looks like I won't be upgrading for a while then, not until the 3 gets better engine options stateside or the CX-5 gets a good enough redesign to make me go crossover. I really like that 2.5 turbo, I'd just like it in the smallest footprint possible

·
Super Moderator
5,200 Posts
Looks like I won't be upgrading for a while then, not until the 3 gets better engine options stateside or the CX-5 gets a good enough redesign to make me go crossover. I really like that 2.5 turbo, I'd just like it in the smallest footprint possible
I think the CX-5 has seen its last generation. The CX-50 replacement scheduled for 2022 will be a small SUV with RWD / AWD based on the same new platform as the Mazda 6.

·
Registered
8 Posts

First of all, a new 2018? And second, Japanese VIN? I thought these 2018s were all built in Mexico for the US / California market...

I actually just purchased a Mazda 3 Hatch Grand Touring with 2600 miles on it. The vehicle is a CPO as well. I paid in the mid 19's for the car. Car checked out with AutoCheck and CarFax also had an independent inspection done. My car was made in Mexico. Not sure if that is a bad thing or not.

That price on the 3 is way over the top right now (23,815) it's a frigging sedan as well. I have noticed that the Soul Red Color seems to be selling for more though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts