2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it time to sell? My first red car, is red not my color? I love this soul red! Why are the car gods upset with me for veering off blue?!?

(Last year the car sustained $6500 worth of damage to the front and rear bumpers after three months of possession.)

So I'm at the dealership's body shop today for an estimate of damage sustained from last month's collision. A nice couple I had been chatting up at a party hit my car upon their departure. It was pitch black out and he just pulled his truck out without realizing my car was there. They came back, apologized, and of course offered to pay. No biggie. It's just a car. So I'm at the dealership talking to my friend, look at the car, and for the first time noticed NEW damage to my driver's front fender! I had been running errands all morning but, in the two open lots that come to mind, I had parked away from everyone. Of course no note was left. Either great timing or ridiculous timing, from the bastard collider.

Bad things come in threes, so this should be the last of it right? People are telling me it's time to sell. But I still love the car, even though it's a Frankenstein by now. I don't want to pay taxes again and lose the depreciation. It just doesn't make sense to sell. Or does it?

Just venting. Sorry about 2nd pics rotation.

The body shop guy did say that they have people damage their brand new cars pulling out of the lot all the time. I guess it makes me feel a little better. haha

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Eh, I hit a white pole at a gas station camauflaged against a white wall, sustained $1500, then someone hit and cracked my rear bumper while parked in the first 2 months. That's what comprehensive is for I guess.

That 2nd pic, looks like someone pressed on it with their hand. Can't see how a collision or cart can do that without scratching.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The door one will require bodywork, the fender one is more than a cart from a parking lot but can likely be fixed using PDR or "paintless dent removal", its amazing what dents can be removed by reputable companies offering this service. PDR is relatively cheap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts