2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am a happy owner of a MAZDA CX-5 (2016 annual European model, 2.2 diesel, AWD, 150 HP). The car is great but I'm confused that it does not have a rearview camera, so I built a third-party camera. The problem is that the camera image rarely appears on a headunit screen. I've tried multiple independent monitors, the signal is on a headunit. Sometimes it shows the picture of the camera, but most often it only shows the normal picture of the stopwatch. I have no idea what it's up to whether it works or not. Is there anyone else's idea that I can solve the image of the camera in any backwardness? The headunit currently operates under 56.00.511 EU N operating system. Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Master of Desaster
15 Posts
Try to exchange the poles of the camera connecting lead, possibly this helps

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Germany

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try to exchange the poles of the camera connecting lead, possibly this helps

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Germany
Thanks for the idea, but with exchanged poles I could'nt never see the picture. Sometimes works it well...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

your camera is scheduled to work in 6v DC?
Hello, it works on 12V DC. But the video-signal is always on the headunit, I checked it with another monitor....Sometimes the headunit also shows the picture. May this depend on the headunit firmware version? Or hardware error? What do you think?

·
Registered
304 Posts
The rbcm send the 6v dc to power the camera, so it must be compatible with this voltage. If you have connected a 12v camera it means you have it powered by the reversing light, or a permanent power supply, which would explain the permanent presence of the signal,... I suppose.

For normal operation, the cmu controls when starting up if there is a video signal, if yes ,then the cmu understands that there is a camera and the software supports the camera.
If there is no video signal, then the cmu understands that there is no camera.

If the camera is constantly powered then the software does not understand what to do with it because it must be powered only when the reverse gear is switched on.

This information is kept in memory until the next reboot of the cmu (back + nav + mute).

In my opinion there are two solutions: 1 take a camera working in 6 v dc
2 put a 6v to 12 v dc converter

sorry for my bad English.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rbcm send the 6v dc to power the camera, so it must be compatible with this voltage. If you have connected a 12v camera it means you have it powered by the reversing light, or a permanent power supply, which would explain the permanent presence of the signal,... I suppose.

For normal operation, the cmu controls when starting up if there is a video signal, if yes ,then the cmu understands that there is a camera and the software supports the camera.
If there is no video signal, then the cmu understands that there is no camera.

If the camera is constantly powered then the software does not understand what to do with it because it must be powered only when the reverse gear is switched on.

This information is kept in memory until the next reboot of the cmu (back + nav + mute).

In my opinion there are two solutions: 1 take a camera working in 6 v dc
2 put a 6v to 12 v dc converter

sorry for my bad English.
Thanks for the thoughts. True, the camcorder was driven from the reverse lamp. Therefore, the camera only receives power when the reverse gear is turned on, so video signal is only available when the reverse is active.
I also tried to restart the CMU, but I did not see any change.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This way it can not work.

The camera must be powered when pressing the "engine start" button so that the cmu understands that there is a camera.
powered it by the rear light, the camera is not powered at startup ,or, then it is necessary to engage the revers gear before starting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This way it can not work.

The camera must be powered when pressing the "engine start" button so that the cmu understands that there is a camera.
powered it by the rear light, the camera is not powered at startup ,or, then it is necessary to engage the revers gear before starting.
Hi, thank you for the information about the cmu. I hooked the camera power cord to the positive cable of the trunk light. It's working now!!! Super, I'm really glad to understand the cause of the mistake. Thanks again for your help.

·
Master of Desaster
15 Posts
My Camera is a Xomax XM12, ordinarily works with 12V, however, functions also to me 6V. Maybe your camera is not ok, if the camera shows a normal picture if you develop them and turn on the head?

Then only camera helps disassemble and assemble differently around again

sorry for my bad english, Im from Germany

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my case, I have used 12v rear view camera. My solution is easy by put 6v from CMU to Relay for active open 12v to camera.
:wink2::wink2::wink2: (sorry for my english)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have camera with 12V and picture on display is not fixed and distorted on the display border.
What is solution to solve this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Camera is a Xomax XM12, ordinarily works with 12V, however, functions also to me 6V. Maybe your camera is not ok, if the camera shows a normal picture if you develop them and turn on the head?

Then only camera helps disassemble and assemble differently around again

sorry for my bad english, Im from Germany
Thank you, but the camera works well, thanks to the received helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts