2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve just installed the CorkSport RMM on my 2015 manual hatchback last week. It vibes like crazy when accelerating between 1k - 1.75k rpm, the whole car is shaking and resonating. Much much worse than idle with AC on which doesn’t really vibes in my opinion.

However it becomes quite once the engine passes about 1.8k rpm when accelerating. But also insanely shaking when decelerating between 2.25k - 1k rpm.

Especially if you have Borla exhaust like I do, the exhaust resonates with the RMM, makes the 1k - 2k zone unbearable... can’t even hear my wife talking on the passenger seat (which might be a good thing LOL)

I used to cruise around the city at 50-60 Kph in 6th gear, which is around 1.3k rpm. But after I installed the RMM, I have to lower to 5th or even 4th gear and make the rpm around 2k in order to reduce the resonance.

On the other hand, the RMM significantly improves the shifting feeling. Much smoother than OEM RMM when rev matching down shifts. And I can feel the torque comes much responsive and faster than the OEM one.

So guys, think twice before you buy the RMM... or if it’s possible, test drive someone’s car which has it installed before you make your decision.

EDIT:
I've uploaded a video showing how vibrates the cabin is with the CorkSport RMM.
Please note that the video is severely shaky, and probably will makes you sick.

Sent from my Washing Machine using Tapatalk

2015 Mazda3 Sport GT 2.5L MT
- Enkei TS10 18x8.5/50 Gold
- Borla S-Type Axle Back
- Eibach Pro-Kit
- CorkSport Rear Sway Bar
- CorkSport Rear Motor Mount
- CorkSport Short Shift Plate
- CorkSport Shifter Bushings
- CorkSport Front Strut Bar

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Thanks for the warning. I just purchased the CS short shift plate and bushings and was considering the rear motor mount as a future mod.
CK

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
NVH is increased as a result of the RMM. It's advertised on the item itself. It's really meant for someone who doesn't mind an increased NVH such as myself. I've dealt with cars that have all sorts of weird noises and vibrations so an RMM wouldn't affect me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warning. I just purchased the CS short shift plate and bushings and was considering the rear motor mount as a future mod.
CK

I also have the short shift plate and bushing, those are pretty awesome mods, go for it! I installed mine just under 1hr.

- Borla S-Type Axle Back
- Eibach Pro-Kit

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NVH is increased as a result of the RMM. It's advertised on the item itself. It's really meant for someone who doesn't mind an increased NVH such as myself. I've dealt with cars that have all sorts of weird noises and vibrations so an RMM wouldn't affect me.

Yup, I also like the mods, but just wanted to remind others who is also looking for RMM upgrades.

Most people say it vibes badly when its at idle with AC on, but it vibes much much more when between 1k-2k range.

Overall I’m happy with the mod :)

- Borla S-Type Axle Back
- Eibach Pro-Kit

·
Registered
900 Posts
I was told that some of the "New" vibrations will go away some after the mounts gets broken in.
Based on reviews that seems to be accurate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts