2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many problems being posted about the infortainment center. Anybody having an ok time with their's? It's really deterring me from the tech package. :001_unsure:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I've had the car since October and honestly I haven't had any major issues that most people are experiencing. Overall the system has been running pretty smoothly and I'm on ver v25 right now. Before I had the software updated, I was on v20 and system was a bit slow, and HUD didn't pop up once, restarted on its own while driving a couple of times.

It does seem overwhelming and a bit worrying with all these posts but I'm glad Mazda's on top of it. Hopefully it'll be stable soon.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
So many problems being posted about the infortainment center. Anybody having an ok time with their's? It's really deterring me from the tech package. :001_unsure:
I've had my car for almost 8 months now and absolutely no problems. I had v20 and then upgraded to v25.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On 27 from the start for 4 months, no problems at all, and I do listen to the phone over bluetooth, always have a usb stick in the port, take calls, receive messages and all this over many 2-hour drives. Unfortunately, it seems there was a defective batch of TAU and/or CMUs, and it became kind of a lottery.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My screen going dead last night was the first problem I've had since I bought the car in January. My music plays fine, the phone always works, etc. Disconnecting the battery fixed the problem I had. So, yeah, it's early technology, but no, it's not a disaster.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I only had problems with v16, after getting v20 I didn't have problems with the ITS, just the HUD sometimes not opening and I had that replaced under warranty last week.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've been running v25 since January and never had one glitch. People come to these sites to see if they can get answers, or discuss the problems, about their cars. Naturally, it starts to look like every car has an issue. There's thousands of people with no problem, that either don't come to these sites or have nothing to get advice on.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It seems that most people who have problems either have iPhones or do some crazy things with their smartphones. Some here hack their phones and wonder why there are problems. They also do non-standard things with their USB flash drives rather than using standard formats and ID3 tags. A number of people just don't read the manual. I would say that if you are a normal user with a normal phone and don't use any of the streaming services, you won't have any problems. Of course, Mazda quality control is not the best and there will be some hardware issues, but these will be far and few between. There were some tuner and amp units that were defective. Most of us don't have that issue even if our cars were produced during the period of time they installed those units.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm on v27 and I haven't had any issues with it. Just some minor annoyances but nothing is ever perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great to hear guys. I realize I only wanted the upgraded speakers, but through searching, a few have modestly upgraded the base speakers to their liking. I might settle for that and save some money. I know my city pretty well, never going to use navi or need bluetooth connectivity.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Great to hear guys. I realize I only wanted the upgraded speakers, but through searching, a few have modestly upgraded the base speakers to their liking. I might settle for that and save some money. I know my city pretty well, never going to use navi or need bluetooth connectivity.
The only times I had issues with V20 was when Bluetooth was enabled and I was streaming Pandora constantly while using nav (and a USB flash drive with music loaded up) - keep Bluetooth off and I'm certain you'll have trouble free operation.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea, I actually almost never have any problems with it.... there are things that could be improved, and there ARE just a few bugs that I encounter, but it works most of the time for me....

keep in mind though....

I never use bluetooth, for music or communication.

I play all music through AUX for better quality and signal strength.

From what I do use:

XM radio works good.
Normal Radio is good.
HD radio is pretty good (although the issue with all HD radios is signal loss in some places)

GPS works good, ACCEPT the voice nav which mutes music, BUT that just got fixed with version 31
so GPS is Good now...

I don't use Pandora, Stitcher, or any of those other Bluetooth things.
I don't use USB.
I don't use communication.

The only bugs I really encounter:

the heads up display does not come up some times, I dont know if v31 fixed this.
I had a blue screen ONCE, but I think the update to 25 fixed that
sound muting with GPS, but that was fixed...
and settings changed to default and lost favorites like ONCE a while ago....

Sooo, I'd say that what I use works well.... BUT its not what I thought I was getting when I bought the car....

When they said they had wifi, usb and bluetooth.... I expected much more integration with my smart phone.... even web browsing perhaps..... but it really doesn't do all that much with integrating the phone in.

If it was able to connect music from my phone through USB so it would display the song name and album art, I would love that but it only does bluetooth, which is not as loud and lower quality I believe....

so, if you get the Tech package, DON'T expect an "Andorid" or "Iphone" on your dash, its not like an "Ipad" or something....

To be honest, for me, the screen is just GPS and XM Radio, thats the majority of what I use it for because the other features have limitations which really sucks.... and the screen isn't even HD resolution...

The tech package makes it sound like your getting something really great, but with all the limitations.... I think it was a let down....

Don't get it wrong though, I LOVE having a screen in my dash, as well as the commander knob.

I would definitely miss it if I had the standard radio.... just be aware of what you will ACTUALLY want to use it for, and what you ACTUALLY CAN use it for.... it's NOT a smart phone... its a GPS/PHONE/RADIO

That being said, with the news that they will have "semi-open source" development for applications in the future, that has potential... but I'm not getting my hopes up.... :detective::thumbup 1::no::wacko:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had my car for a month, and the only problem I've had is figuring out how to undo selecting a one-song playlist.

I don't use a phone in my car, so I've never paired one, so I have no idea if that makes a difference. Of course, that also means I don't use Pandora or anything else like that. I just put everything on a USB thumb drive, and it works much better than I expected. I have somewhere around 17 GB of music on it, and the car hasn't even been slow about loading it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bluetooth is one of those things you don't know you need until you have it. I think the Bluetooth and the Bose audio are the best things about the tech package. The nav is alright. Not as good as Google maps, and it doesn't take traffic into account but it's nice not having to use a dash mounted phone.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The sound is the best stock sound I've ever had in a car. I usually put $1K-$2K in a stereo upgrade for my cars, this is the fist car I haven't felt the need to open up. Unless you need massive bass the Bose is generally good enough. Blue Tooth is nice since my wife can text me while I drive and I can respond without risking an accident or a ticket.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I Have the car about 3 months now, great radio (Bose) and I'm still on v21. No problems with BT, communications/contacts works just fine with the picture of the person calling on screen :yes:
The AHA app is a nightmare, but I have no need for it, so I don't use it. Navigation is pretty good, not as good as TomTom. Map updates only twice a year. Traffic info only if you pay (way to much) AND you have to use your smartphone as a WiFi access point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had mine a couple of months.
I notice for the first time today, the navi/infotainment system rebooted itself in the middle of a drive whilst I was just driving along and listening to the radio. Strange.
v28.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts