2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it happened.. out of the blue.. just driving.. then boom... BIG boom.. I .. got a CEL... damnit!

5 codes as a matter of fact.

1: Internal control Module torque calculation performance P061B
2 : system too lean
3 : Intake air temp sensor too high ( what degree in F will trip this? )
4 : MAF circuit low P0102
5 : Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage : P0132

i'm thinking oxy sensor + system too lean codes are married
Maf circuit, possibly maf placement? or dirty maf?
intake air temp sensor too high.. obvious, boosted temps

Internal control module torque calculation performance.. WTF?

all i can find is its the E- Throttle body issue

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
it happened.. out of the blue.. just driving.. then boom... BIG boom.. I .. got a CEL... damnit!

5 codes as a matter of fact.

1: Internal control Module torque calculation performance P061B
2 : system too lean
3 : Intake air temp sensor too high ( what degree in F will trip this? )
4 : MAF circuit low P0102
5 : Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage : P0132

i'm thinking oxy sensor + system too lean codes are married
Maf circuit, possibly maf placement? or dirty maf?
intake air temp sensor too high.. obvious, boosted temps

Internal control module torque calculation performance.. WTF?

all i can find is its the E- Throttle body issue
This has to be April fools other wise way too funny

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahahah I actually do have a CEL =(, didn't even realize it's april fools day.

For the MAF circuit too low, that means that the maf is getting less then expected airflow at X rpm right? my guesstimation on this issue is because, with it being boosted, There is Less air actually moving right? ( i know that sounds crazy )

but think about it, if it is NA, it will constantly be pulling in air, hence maf signal climbs, now with boost, the air actually slows down because the engine is no longer pulling that air right? and the maf at some points might read very low actual airflow? I don't know.. I hate our damn mafs.. wish it was honeycomb.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
hahahah I actually do have a CEL =(, didn't even realize it's april fools day.

For the MAF circuit too low, that means that the maf is getting less then expected airflow at X rpm right? my guesstimation on this issue is because, with it being boosted, There is Less air actually moving right? ( i know that sounds crazy )

but think about it, if it is NA, it will constantly be pulling in air, hence maf signal climbs, now with boost, the air actually slows down because the engine is no longer pulling that air right? and the maf at some points might read very low actual airflow? I don't know.. I hate our damn mafs.. wish it was honeycomb.
is the car running?

1. i dont know.
2. MAF wasnt reading right, or, the feedback from wraf is erroneous.
3. were you acceling? if the flow volume passes what teh waste gate can leak, you are building pressure. pressure = heat, hence that code.
4. due to high temp in the intake path, the thermistor isnt detecting the hotwire temp change, you get this code.
5. high voltage is related to lean value...maybe?

just my guesses.

did this happen as soon as you let go the throttle during gear change?

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Yeah I'm not real good With the physics and science behind it but I know whenever I had this issue it was an maf dirty or not connected correctly etc. but I would think with a too low code that would mean dirty maf or something I would think because of boost a too high voltage code would read but I dunno I'm pretty dumb with this stuff but not trying to bring up old grievances but you need a tune dude.

Edit: I recently just flashed a map and never calibrated my maf cuz I was lazy and threw a 2096 code which is target afr too low or something and the car began to run really rich and backfire and just act weird then once I calibrated it everything just went away

Reactions: jmaister

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I realize I need a tune, the only thing is the ecu is untuneable! and no standalone supports drive by wire, other then ones that cost 5k+!

Pulled the maf, pretty dirty/grimy.

Another thing, I have tried over and over with many different setups to get this maf to work as draw through ( pre turbo ) but the damn thing just won't. no matter how I try, I can feel the air being sucked in from the filter, why the F can't the maf accept it!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
is the car running?

1. i dont know.
2. MAF wasnt reading right, or, the feedback from wraf is erroneous.
3. were you acceling? if the flow volume passes what teh waste gate can leak, you are building pressure. pressure = heat, hence that code.
4. due to high temp in the intake path, the thermistor isnt detecting the hotwire temp change, you get this code.
5. high voltage is related to lean value...maybe?

just my guesses.

did this happen as soon as you let go the throttle during gear change?
btw just for reference, the wastegate is just a boost regulator, the waste gate only leaks off exhaust so you don't build more air pressure then what your trying for. but yea that was my guess, the maf + temp wasn't reading airflow and temp change like it should for a load / rpm. like I said probably due to less air traffic from the turbo ( I know it sounds crazy ) but i'm pretty sure there will be less fast moving airflow @ the maf during boost. kinda like.. NA = 5 lane highway with traffic moving smooth, toll booth ( MAF ) in the middle through all 5 lanes then on to airport ( engine ), boosted : 5 lane highway full of traffic and they merge into 2 lanes (pressure ) at the toll booth ( MAF) then 2 lanes all the way to the airport ( engine ), less rapid movement to measure right?

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
I realize I need a tune, the only thing is the ecu is untuneable! and no standalone supports drive by wire, other then ones that cost 5k+!

Pulled the maf, pretty dirty/grimy.

Another thing, I have tried over and over with many different setups to get this maf to work as draw through ( pre turbo ) but the damn thing just won't. no matter how I try, I can feel the air being sucked in from the filter, why the F can't the maf accept it!
Why not trying to work with dynotronics cuz it sounds like your car is like fighting the fact you have a turbo it is acting like air is coming too fast and it has no Idea what to do but Idk what you can do if they can't tune ur ecu

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've asked before, they need inhouse ( 900 miles away ) plus asked if there was a way he could do a conservative tune based on the compressor map from a K04, asked a million questions regarding that. I'm even willing to do inhouse if the price was decent for a tune. pretty sure I asked on what the price range would be but never got any answers.

pretty clear answer I got was : inhouse and " I wouldn't use that turbo "

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
I've asked before, they need inhouse ( 900 miles away ) plus asked if there was a way he could do a conservative tune based on the compressor map from a K04, asked a million questions regarding that. I'm even willing to do inhouse if the price was decent for a tune. pretty sure I asked on what the price range would be but never got any answers.

Yeah that blows I have no idea what you could do then unless maybe who was the other group that did tuning for mz3 ? God well whatever that other place maybe

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Yeah that blows I have no idea what you could do then unless maybe who was the other group that did tuning for mz3 ? God well whatever that other place maybe
And yeah the ko4 is weak if this thing were AWD I would lose the ko4 but pushing 400 on front wheel is gay

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
possibly Tripoint engineering? I have emailed those guys like 100 times and never once did I get a reply. yeah the K04 is kinda small, and spools crazy fast, but everything just fits perfectly.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
to sp33dy1013, that kinda comment is always welcomed.

to OVirus.

when did this happen? rpm? temp? speed?

/in bed sick on sunday afternoon, need somthing to do lol.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm it happened actually after just starting the car up. idle. dunno ( wasn't actually driving when it popped )

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
to sp33dy1013, that kinda comment is always welcomed.

to OVirus.

when did this happen? rpm? temp? speed?

/in bed sick on sunday afternoon, need somthing to do lol.
Which one lol

·
zoom~
848 Posts
all of them so far on this thread..

to virus.

oooo...i see, those codes have been pending for a short while now. what's the intercooler piping diameter? right before the maf you want 2.5 to 2.75in

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
all of them so far on this thread..

to virus.

oooo...i see, those codes have been pending for a short while now. what's the intercooler piping diameter?
Oh well good I try to be helpful and not an ass at least most of the time

·
Registered
504 Posts

Not that we can't do it remotely, just tha you would not like the cost of shipping the unit back and forth.

And I didn't say not to use the ko4 I told you it's a bit small for the engine, and under no circumstances would I run without a cat on the stock turbo

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shipping aside give me a cost on a tune where the ecu uses the wraf to drop afrs to 12.0 when maf reading is above x or when the map is above norm. Also the posaibilty that i can make the maf draw thru not blowthru

1 - 20 of 23 Posts