2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Any high quality car was soap. I prefer Meguiar's. Avoid diswash or other harsh soap.

I use the two bucket system (clean bucket with soap and dirty bucket to rinse rag/mit). Start by putting water plus soap in bucket 1 and water in bucket 2. Rinse the rag/mit in bucket 2 before soaping up in bucket 1. You'll see all the junk/ dirt in bucket 2 you avoided put back on the paint and possibly scratching the paint.

Car Talk | Details, Details. Car Cleaning Tips from a Pro

Car Care Tips: How to Wax Your Car to Classic Car Restoration, Your Guide to Car Detailing

Matthew

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've used the Chrystal and the Gold Class and have to go with the Gold Class as well. I feel the conditioners in it allow the rag/sponge/mit to slide along the surface of the car a little easer and reduces the chances of swirl marks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gold class here :)

haven't seen NXT wash at my local auto store....but if they had it and its not expensive, i'll be all over it (assuming it smells like all the other NXT stuff)

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
The main difference in car wash shampoo vs dish soap is PH. Dish soap is very alkaline, car shampoo is neutral and thus won't dissolve wax or strip oils out of the paint.

The only time dish soap is not a bad idea is just before a full clay bar/polish/wax. The extra cleaning power of the dish soap helps to remove all of the dirt and oil on the car.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The main difference in car wash shampoo vs dish soap is PH. Dish soap is very alkaline, car shampoo is neutral and thus won't dissolve wax or strip oils out of the paint.

The only time dish soap is not a bad idea is just before a full clay bar/polish/wax. The extra cleaning power of the dish soap helps to remove all of the dirt and oil on the car.
I also find dish soap works wonders on really stubborn bug splatters. The down side is it takes everything else off too...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Car Washing

2010 3 sedan.

Every time I wash the vehicle water drips from the outside mirror black plastic for approximately 2 days. I have tried blowing the water out with a blower but it doesn't seem to help, and it is a pain to keep wiping the doors.

Thought about having the plastic housings replaced but doubt if that will help.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, what are you doing to solve it? Any and all answers appreciated.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It's not just your car, its all of us!

I remember someone saying they have a leaf blower that they use just for their car, I think they bought a fairly cheap one because it has more power than a hair dryer! I usually just deal with it and wipe the door!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
It's definately annoying. After I wash my car I usually check the tire pressure. My air compressor is close to the car so I give the mirrors a quick blast.

·
got to love mazda!
228 Posts
YEA i get the same problem when i was.. i just drive on the bridge next to the car wash at about 60mph and it all flies out.. idk seems to work pretty good

·
Registered
471 Posts
i concur with ZZ19. the only way to do it is to get out on the road and drive it. i usually go about a mile down a close road and then back. even then expect there to be some dripping. i carry an extra microfibera and some quick detailer to deal with it. SUPER ANNOYING. but blowing air into it won't get it all...well unless maybe you let it blow for many minutes. the shape of the mirror and hole in which it must exit aren't good. there are about 5 or 6 places this car catches water..but the mirror is the most annoying.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
i've heard good stuff about this stuff as well. i will most likely be partaking in this shortly.

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products
this sounds better than this:

GREAT STUFF !!
No need to use water..Comes in handy when it's Friggin Cold out, and you cant use your hose.

Spray-On Car Wash Kit - Cleaners - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

:clap: :yes:
be careful with these waterless car wash products. more often than not, you'll just be rubbing any dirt you have on your car into your paint, causing severe swirls. the one Dubcnea posted sounds like one those rare "not" cases though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
this sounds better than this:

be careful with these waterless car wash products. more often than not, you'll just be rubbing any dirt you have on your car into your paint, causing severe swirls. the one Dubcnea posted sounds like one those rare "not" cases though.
Follow the directions, and common sense, unless people are real schmucks,:argh 1: it's never a good idea to let your car get so soiled with dirt and then start rubbing & buffing with any product...a light touch is all you need to initially take the shit off the car, then once it's off..then buff it to a shine...The Griots stuff is great on windows too..and it Smells Smooth :yes:

·
Token Fiero Owner
375 Posts
Follow the directions, and common sense, unless people are real schmucks,:argh 1: it's never a good idea to let your car get so soiled with dirt and then start rubbing & buffing with any product...a light touch is all you need to initially take the shit off the car, then once it's off..then buff it to a shine...The Griots stuff is great on windows too..and it Smells Smooth :yes:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Hmm, What should I use?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 315 Posts