2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I signed up for this forum back before I purchased my 2010 Mazda 3 (in 2009). I'm logging on now to talk about some of the problems I have been having. Hope this is appropriate!

I drive a 2010 Mazda 3i Touring with a manual transmission, with the "moons & tunes" package. I purchased my car in Kentucky, and now live in Massachusetts, so to my knowledge no lemon law rules apply to my situation due to the time frame and mileage (20,000 miles).

I'll be brief, and list in chronological order the problems I have experienced in the past two years or so:

-One year (and some change) after purchasing, my car would no longer reverse. Every other gear worked fine, but especially reversing up hill, the car would just kick and the gear would not engage.

-Transmission flushed, told I need new clutch initially, but upon further inspection clutch was fine and Mazda replaced my transmission entirely. I was told that all gears "torn up," and metal fragments found inside.

-One month later, cabin of car fills up with smoke while on highway. Taken to Mazda, told they forgot a gasket. Fixed.

-Shortly after, car starts squeaking loudly every shift, and/or every bump hit. Taken to Mazda, told bolt needed to be tightened after transmission repair.

-Took car to regular maintenance place for oil change + checkup, and told caps on tire valves stuck to valves (due to aluminum on steel). Valve snapped on driver front tire when cap removed. Told $200 for TPMS replacement by Mazda...didn't do it.

-Presently: car beginning to squeak again every time I either shift gears, or hit bump. Not as loud as before.

Is there something I should be doing, aside from taking my car to the dealership every time something goes wrong? In two years, my car has been at the dealership for over a month for repairs. Since a rental is not "okay'd" by corporate for a few days, I'm carless every time I need something fixed.

:argh 1:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Seems like beside the initial problem and the valve stems, you have brought it in because of the dealerships mistakes (forgetting gaskets, not tightening bolts... etc). Correct me if im wrong with that statement. If your unhappy with it, call corporate and get it worked out. I have had some really good experiences with corporate, and in some cases got more then i asked for. An error on the dealerships part is their responsibility.

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
Contacting corporate at least starts the documentation of what is going on.

I agree that it sounds like the car may have been perfectly fine, had the repairs been completed properly.

·
Registered
655 Posts
find a new dealer to take it to......

·
Registered
701 Posts
As others have said, it sounds like you have a bad service person. I would take it somewhere else to be repaired. I never really go to the dealership for repairs until it is a warranty repair. With all the problems you are having with this one dealership, I would either (1) take it to another dealership, or (2) have Mazda Corp agree to reimburse you if you were to take it to a repair shop of your choosing. Odds are they won’t agree to #2 so your best bet is #1.

·
Registered
641 Posts
As others have said, it sounds like you have a bad service person. I would take it somewhere else to be repaired. I never really go to the dealership for repairs until it is a warranty repair. With all the problems you are having with this one dealership, I would either (1) take it to another dealership, or (2) have Mazda Corp agree to reimburse you if you were to take it to a repair shop of your choosing. Odds are they won’t agree to #2 so your best bet is #1.
Have you tried talking to corp? i have had awesome experience with them. They paid for 2 motor mounts, a turbo, and i got them to reimburse me another $500 for various labor that i felt was unecessary. If you do call, hope for a girl, and if you get one... lay down some sweet game and watch the majic happen! Thats what i did :yes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm with ya on this one! My car is a POS! It has a monthly regular with my damned dealership :argh 1: My transmission "exploded" back in the spring and clutch as well, then now another new clutch. After 600 miles on the new clutch, it is starting to slip again :argh 1: If I could get more for my car, I would trade it in a heartbeat! I just can't afford too.

I'd switch dealership! Thats what I am doing next time my car breaks down again...

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm with ya on this one! My car is a POS! It has a monthly regular with my damned dealership :argh 1: My transmission "exploded" back in the spring and clutch as well, then now another new clutch. After 600 miles on the new clutch, it is starting to slip again :argh 1: If I could get more for my car, I would trade it in a heartbeat! I just can't afford too.

I'd switch dealership! Thats what I am doing next time my car breaks down again...
that sucks to hear, i've never had a problem with my mazda 3. maybe it's a manual transmission issue?

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
I don't think its a manual transmission issue. Its more like others have said where the OP has had shitty repairs. even the TPMS can be given away to a crappy dealership because part of the predelivery checklist is to ensure all tires are properly inflated. This is also why all TPMS come with plastic caps from the factory, if the original dealer put on anything else in order to make it flashy its on that dealer. IMHO both of these instances of ongoing problems with the manual transmission can be attributed to poor repairs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine just keeps breaking down on me. She threw me a CEL today for the first time... kinda odd, never had that happen before!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts