2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

The Official 3rd Gen Wheel and Tire Picture Thread

2M views 2K replies 577 participants last post by  dezzcrunch 
#1 ·
Ok you 3rd geners post all your pics of aftermarket wheel/tire combo's here. No 1st or 2nd gen pics. Lets stick to pictures only. Make sure to state your wheel/tire specs.

#2 ·
Black on Black

Wheels: 18 x 8 OZ Ultraleggera (Black Painted)
Offset: +48 mm
Tires: 215/45/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

Front: Basically flush with fender. Recedes in about 3 mm, which just clears the front fender.
Back: Recedes in about 10 mm, which just clears the back fender.

Wheel Review: The wheels are super light at only 18.4 lbs per wheel. However, the black painted finish is not glossy, it's more of a matte finish, which doesn't match the black glossy paint of the car :/
I would recommend getting a glossy finish wheel to match the glossy paint of the car.

Tire Review: The tires are pretty heavy at 26 lbs per tire. I would recommend getting Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires because the performance is similar, the tread life is twice as much, and they are 4 lbs lighter per tire.

#94 ·

Wheels: 18 x 8 OZ Ultraleggera (Black Painted)
Offset: +48 mm
Tires: 215/45/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

Front: Basically flush with fender. Recedes in about 3 mm, which just clears the front fender.
Back: Recedes in about 10 mm, which just clears the back fender.

Wheel Review: The wheels are super light at only 18.4 lbs per wheel. However, the black painted finish is not glossy, it's more of a matte finish, which doesn't match the black glossy paint of the car :/
I would recommend getting a glossy finish wheel to match the glossy paint of the car.

Tire Review: The tires are pretty heavy at 26 lbs per tire. I would recommend getting Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires because the performance is similar, the tread life is twice as much, and they are 4 lbs lighter per tire.
Any pics from the back of flush "ness"? I'm looking at maybe 38 or 40mm offset on an 18x8

#15 · (Edited)
2014 Mazda 3 iV 19" Wheels

For those with new models 2014 and after. After doing my homework and taking measurements, installed 19'' wheels!
Am I the first to go 19''? Looks like it!!! only one regret... the wheels are not entirely silver, the front is liquid silver which looks kind of chrome. chrome looks cheap!
See specs:
Privat Weiden 19'' wheels (about$700 on amazon)
Size:19x8
Offset: 45!!!
Pattern: 5x4.5 (114.3)
Hub: 73.1 (installed hub ring 67.1ID/73.1OD)
Tire: Goodrich 225/40/19

Next step will be to lower it by 1 inch. So far, it does not rub!
Who can tell what coil springs fit?
H&R people don't have it and some Tein claims it fits earlier models??

El Franco:001_smile:

Attachments

#16 ·
OZ Racing Formula HLT in Gregio Corsa (race grey) in 18" x 7.5", ET 47mm, (20.2 lbs) with General G-Max AS-03 215/45VR18 tires.

Attachments

#17 ·
EuroTek UO3, 19x8.5+45 on Ohtsu FP8000 (rebranded Falken 452's) 235/35R19.

#20 ·
That's right, no spacers. The backs could be pushed out a little bit more actually.

Nice man, did you try to drive it with 2 people in the back seat?...Just
to see if it rubs.
Thanks for you advice when I was asking about sizing. I didn't have 2 ppl in the back but I had my 4 winter wheels, a catback for an IS300 and my overnight bag in there. No rub.

#26 ·
Thanks to The help of a couple of great folks from the Ohio Miata Owners group on facebook, I got my wheels finished today, I'm waiting on centercap inserts which may or may not show up.

Wheel specs again are:

Motegi Traklite 1.0
17x8 45 and 17x7 42 14, 15 lbs each
powdercoated american sparkle from Prismatic Powders
Tires are Kumho Ecsta PA31 HP all seasons 215/50/17

#29 ·
Just curious but what were you going to do with that rim and tire combo in the background lol

#31 ·
I haven't really decided yet. I think I might sell them. I had them on my subaru outback and have considered putting them on the impreza. They are tsw wheels 18 x 8 different bolt pattern unfortunately wouldn't fit on mazda without and adapter. I don't like to use spacers or adapters so didn't use them.

Attachments

#33 ·
haha so sad :no:. I was interest in buying them. Nice outback though

#41 ·
You guys ever use wherefire.com ? The prices seem ridiculously to low to be legit. I'm scared the wheel quality is bad. I'm looking at the avid 06 which is a volk t37 replica in white. $999 for all 4 18" rims and tires mounted and shipped?! Really.

Rims:
http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/W...067&TireIDNumber=NewImagedelite&TireSKU=14255

Also what do you guys think these will look like with white on white. I found this crappy wheel visualizer that had an assortment of rims. The pic is not of the avid 06 rims which I think look better than this mock up picture of some simple 5 spoke ones I could find ehh close enough to get the picture I guess. Go ahead and laugh at my horrible photo shop skills.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#44 ·
Nice wheels.. I got the same ones and love the way they look on the car (see pics a few posts back). One tip for you.. this may be obvious to everyone but me, but do not lay the wheels and tires face down on your driveway. It never occurred to me the face of wheels extend out farther than the tires. None of the OEM wheels I've ever had were like that. I flipped one of these over to look at the back and put a few small scratches on the paint. I felt pretty dumb.

Enjoy your new wheels and tires!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.