2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1,941 - 1,960 of 2,196 Posts
What rims are those?
Thanks, I made a sweet flow sheet of choices and ended up with these Konig Dekagrams for under $900. If I had more $-$-$ I'd have gone for the bronze ones, RPF1s, Rays or something with a bit of concave but I don't regret getting these. I'm really into the look of the 8.5 and 35 offset and the weight savings has improved my MPG.

Apologize in advance for the terrible pictures and how dirty my car was for two of the pictures. Potholes finally won the war on my stock oem wheels. Couldn't afford new ones so I got MSW Type 48 18" x 8". I had somewhat new tires on there so Im using these Cooper 215 45 18 until they are done. Then I plan on finding some 225 as I think that would be the perfect for these wide of tires.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Mazda
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mazda Luxury vehicle

Has anyone put taller tires on their 3? My goal is a smoother ride and lower RPMs while cruising on the highway. My Enkei's are 6 lbs lighter than stock, so I am not too worried about the extra weight from larger tires.

I am thinking about going from the stock 215/45r18 (25.6in) on 18x7.5 +42 to 215/55r18 (27.3") or 215/50r18 (26.5"). Figuring it will work since some people have 225r45r18(26.0") while lowered 1" to 1.5" without any issues or rubbing.

Maybe I will find a used tire place to try the size for cheap before investing too much into them.

Has anyone put taller tires on their 3? My goal is a smoother ride and lower RPMs while cruising on the highway. My Enkei's are 6 lbs lighter than stock, so I am not too worried about the extra weight from larger tires.

I am thinking about going from the stock 215/45r18 (25.6in) on 18x7.5 +42 to 215/55r18 (27.3") or 215/50r18 (26.5"). Figuring it will work since some people have 225r45r18(26.0") while lowered 1" to 1.5" without any issues or rubbing.

Maybe I will find a used tire place to try the size for cheap before investing too much into them.
Should be fine unless you’re lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Please be aware that as tire diameter increases from stock, speedometer error increases proportionally, i.e. it will read slower than your actual speed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Please be aware that as tire diameter increases from stock, speedometer error increases proportionally, i.e. it will read slower than your actual speed.

I read one post that stated it would automatically be corrected via GPS. Do you know if this is true, or if there is any way to recalibrate the speedometer and odometer?

How is the ride?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So far, very nice. I've been using Michelin Pilot Sport tires for years, including PS2s and Super Sports prior to these PS4Ss. They are consistently rated at or very near the tops in their class for good reason, because they do so well in all categories -- dry and wet grip, ride comfort, road noise, turn-in response, steering feel, feedback, etc. But I haven't put them through their paces in anything resembling "spirited" driving. I expect they'll really shine then, by dramatically increasing the friction circle compared to the factory tires. Treadwear, cold tolerance, and M+S capabilities are the only characteristics that don't compare favorably to the factory tires, but the latter two aren't applicable for my intended usage.

1,941 - 1,960 of 2,196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.