2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1,901 - 1,920 of 2,196 Posts
Ahhn, I totally goofed on that one. I absolutely will...when I buy them :LOL:. I’m still saving up and want to get all my suspension components and wheels in 2020. Suspension overhaul, then a intake/exhaust/RMM with OVT Tune. I might do a build page since I really love my little Mazda and want to keep it for a long time. Maybe I’ll ante up down the road for the RWD Inline 6 they’ve hinted at major car shows. Only if...

Dope, Rennforms are super clean as well as most of the Konig Flow Formed Series (Hypergram, Dekagram, Ampliform and Freeform). I was pretty set on some Hypergrams until I found a rotary forged replica of the Volk Racing ZE40 by a Canadian brand called SuperSpeed. The RF03RR really got me with their more aggressive width and offset of 18x9.5 +38, not to mention are as budget minded as the Konig wheels, concavity, and weight (advertised 18.9 lbs). They check all the boxes for me. It might take a little rolling and negative camber but I’m all for it.
Nice find. ZE40s are my favorite after the CE28. I know someone with close to that width/offset. You will need to roll flat and probably pull if you’re going much wider than 215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice find. ZE40s are my favorite after the CE28. I know someone with close to that width/offset. You will need to roll flat and probably pull if you’re going much wider than 215.

Holy shit, I was told if I ran some negative camber it’s attainable with roll. 215s are a little too stretched for my taste. Do you know if they are OEM height or lowered? I’ve seen very old post with 225 and he had issues with it being not tucked into the fender well. I’m trying to find some how to test fit the size and offset here in Hawaii.

Holy shit, I was told if I ran some negative camber it’s attainable with roll. 215s are a little too stretched for my taste. Do you know if they are OEM height or lowered? I’ve seen very old post with 225 and he had issues with it being not tucked into the fender well. I’m trying to find some how to test fit the size and offset here in Hawaii.
They are lowered on corksport springs. -2.0 camber. 215 will pretty stretched looking on 9.5 (like titflash above). 225 not tucked with what wheel specs?

Based on my own car on cs springs and playing around with spacers, this seems about where you can stay tucked without having to pull the fenders:

Front: 18x8 +35
Rear: 18x8 +25

Any more starts to noticeably poke. I’m at +37 in the front and the rim pokes slightly although the 215 tires are flush (slight stretch). I think 18x9.5 +38 will clear a rolled fender but I’m not sure how much room there is for wider tires. Camber helps quite a bit. It just depends on how much you’re okay with. I don’t like how camber looks and at -2.0 I could already notice it on my car. What suspension are you going with?

They are lowered on corksport springs. -2.0 camber. 215 will pretty stretched looking on 9.5 (like titflash above). 225 not tucked with what wheel specs?

Based on my own car on cs springs and playing around with spacers, this seems about where you can stay tucked without having to pull the fenders:

Any more starts to noticeably poke. I’m at +37 in the front and the rim pokes slightly although the 215 tires are flush (slight stretch). I think 18x9.5 +38 will clear a rolled fender but I’m not sure how much room there is for wider tires. Camber helps quite a bit. It just depends on how much you’re okay with. I don’t like how camber looks and at -2.0 I could already notice it on my car. What suspension are you going with?

That’s some really good information, thank you so much. I plan on some H&R Springs and maybe going to an air suspension down the road and it’s just so hard to figure out what’s going to fit with the specs I want. I’ll keep that in mind. I do plan on running adjustable rear suspension and camber plates up front but that’s odd that some say it’s one way and then some say the other.

That’s some really good information, thank you so much. I plan on some H&R Springs and maybe going to an air suspension down the road and it’s just so hard to figure out what’s going to fit with the specs I want. I’ll keep that in mind. I do plan on running adjustable rear suspension and camber plates up front but that’s odd that some say it’s one way and then some say the other.
Unless the setup is exactly the same (wheels, tires, suspension, alignment) there will be variation. When you push the limits of fitment millimeters start to matter.

Unless the setup is exactly the same (wheels, tires, suspension, alignment) there will be variation. When you push the limits of fitment millimeters start to matter.

I completely understand thanks for all the insight and ultimately I gained a little more knowledge knowing maybe 215 is the safest but also incredibly stretched. Which I don’t want to do unless completely necessary.

I completely understand thanks for all the insight and ultimately I gained a little more knowledge knowing maybe 215 is the safest but also incredibly stretched. Which I don’t want to do unless completely necessary.
225 should work. I’d go with 235+ since I don’t like too much stretch. Any reason why you aren’t opting for the 8.5 +35 RF03RR? That would fit pretty well in the rear without excessive camber and pulling.

225 should work. I’d go with 235+ since I don’t like too much stretch. Any reason why you aren’t opting for the 8.5 +35 RF03RR? That would fit pretty well in the rear without excessive camber and pulling.

I know that is an option but I’m just digging the concavity, Face-2 that the 9.5 has...damn it!

How do you like the CorkSport springs? I was thinking about getting them but worried that they would wear out quick.

I know that is an option but I’m just digging the concavity, Face-2 that the 9.5 has...damn it!
Ah, I do like face 2 more as well.

How do you like the CorkSport springs? I was thinking about getting them but worried that they would wear out quick.
You mean the stock struts? I’m not on stock, although the person I got them from was and put almost 50k on them. Part of the deal was I trade him my stock springs and help him install them. They were still good as far as I could tell. As for the springs I’m happy with them. Send me a pm if you have any other questions. Don’t want to get too off topic on this thread.

So I've been pretty set on 18x9.5 +35 on 225/40/18. It's been done numerous times and we all know it works.

I'm on vogtland springs, I ran across an insane deal on 18x9.5 +22 on 225/40/18?

Do you guys think it would work with just rolling fenders?

1,901 - 1,920 of 2,196 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.