2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
2161 - 2180 of 2181 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Shadowscheme, no need for attacks bud. I can tell you are new or haven’t read many old threads here by how you’re taking arathol’s criticisms. I suggest joining the “3rd Gen Mazda3 (14-18 Spec)” Facebook group. There is a bit of everything there from stanced to boosted 3rd gens. It’s certainly more active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I appreciate your suggestions and I’ll look into that Facebook group. This is what could’ve been suggested instead.

·
Registered
202 Posts
On mazda3revolution there is only 1 way to mod your car. H&R springs, Koni FSDs and a Progress RSB. I kid I kid.

It’s just not that active around here anymore even though it’s way more efficient for discussion. FB and IG is where to look.

·
Registered
55 Posts
On mazda3revolution there is only 1 way to mod your car. H&R springs, Koni FSDs and a Progress RSB. I kid I kid.

It’s just not that active around here anymore even though it’s way more efficient for discussion. FB and IG is where to look.

😂😂my point Exactlyyyyyy 🙌🙌

You’re right about the activity here. It’s barely a few replies here. 🙏Thank you for suggesting that. Im old school and use the forums like I did with my 02’ wrx back in the days. It makes sense though with the natural progression to FB and IG.
I’ll still try to post here despite what’s happened. I feel like it’ll be good to document where my car is and maybe will influence anyone else who wanted to mod their car the same.

Back when I had my Subaru, I’ve modified it completely for performance. Upgraded my turbo, full catless piping from headers/up-pipe/down-pipe/exhaust, suspension, coilovers with dampening controllers, boost controller, sway/strut bars, etc.
I’m at a point where speed no longer matters anymore. There’s always going to be faster cars. What matters in the end is whether or not your car makes you happy. I set out to modify my mazda 3 in what I believe looks and functions as good as I want. Aspects that I wished I did on my Subaru. My Subaru spat fire and handled corners/turns like butter. I just never got to improve the exterior stylings that I’ve been meaning to do.

This was the last day when I traded her in for my mazda 3. (9/5/17)
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Sorry to get preachy, but this is something I’d like to do as career in the future. So yeah, I may not have all the knowledge but I am learning as much as I can. It’s not a perfect build but it’s pretty damn good for a span of a few months. Thank you for having the decency to speak to me as an equal rather anything else. 🙏

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
You won't be making any impressions hidden with your words and lack the courage to post your car photos and mods. If you wanted more performance, why did you get a mazda 3? It's a relatively safe car to begin with. It's not revered as a performance car. You should've bought yourself something else before you professing around with that performance talk. At least an rx-7 if you want to stick with mazdas.
I have other cars. I'm not an 18 year old kid who can barely afford to own a car. I bought it as a car to drive back and forth to work. I've posted my car lots of times by the way....

You are what, $2k into this little foray and have nothing to show for it but ruined tires and chewed up fenders. What I have told you is the reality of things. Nobody is telling you what to do with your car. You obvious don't know what you are doing though, and its also obvious that you don't want advice, you want somebody to tell you its not your fault.
Oh, and any more personal attacks will not be tolerated......

End of conversation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have other cars. I'm not an 18 year old kid who can barely afford to own a car. I bought it as a car to drive back and forth to work. I've posted my car lots of times by the way....

You are what, $2k into this little foray and have nothing to show for it but ruined tires and chewed up fenders. What I have told you is the reality of things. Nobody is telling you what to do with your car. You obvious don't know what you are doing though, and its also obvious that you don't want advice, you want somebody to tell you its not your fault.
Oh, and any more personal attacks will not be tolerated......

End of conversation.
Post your car and show me what you have. Don't be scared to enlighten me with your improved dynamics of your car. Surely a twenty something year old will have lots to share.
You say no more personal attacks and still go on about my car. Sounds like double standards doesn't apply to you.

END OF CONVERSATION

17x9 +25 offset, Rota Grids; flat black
245/45/17 Yokohama Avid Ascend Gt
8 Piston Ksport Big Brake Kit
AFE catback exhaust + resonator delete
Corksport rear sway bar, front skid plate
Blacked out grill/badges
CF window trims
Aftermarket font lip, side skirts
Carbon fiber mirror attachments
Mazda shark fin antenna replacement
Jdm Axela headlights
Aftermarket Kodo style taillights
Custom front splitter, side skirt extenders
Rear diffuser (not yet photographed)

Soon to install:
50 mm fenders
CF hood scoop
CF duckbill wing

future plans:
Coilovers, Air suspension
supercharger kit, engine swap

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Plant Vehicle Tire Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
100 Posts
Okay so decided to go with 17x8 +44 and a 225/50 gmax as 05. I was a little concerned with fitment but after looking at multiple images I think this fit decently and the speedo will only be off 0.6%. I'll post picks once there on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay so decided to go with 17x8 +44 and a 225/50 gmax as 05. I was a little concerned with fitment but after looking at multiple images I think this fit decently and the speedo will only be off 0.6%. I'll post picks once there on.
sounds like a winning combo. I will be upgrading to a size 50 in my next set of tires. So I’m curious on how yours will look and handle. Cheers!

·
Registered
100 Posts
So here we. 17x8 +44 with 225/50 on eibach pro kit LS. These are the general gmax AS-05. Pretty flush and I think it shouldn't rub even with passengers I hope. Weight wise well.........overall I added 12-16lbs 39-40lbs for stock 16 and worn 205/60 and the new set up is 43lbs. So we'll how much the fuel economy goes down.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
Yea but I think I want to put some hub centric rings in. Should the 67.1 ID to 73.1 OD work for this rim?? Yea I mean it was on a bathroom scale so maybe not that accurate. Lol
Waste of time and money. They do nothing but make it easier to put the wheels on the lugs. Other than that, no reason to use them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea but I think I want to put some hub centric rings in. Should the 67.1 ID to 73.1 OD work for this rim?? Yea I mean it was on a bathroom scale so maybe not that accurate. Lol
I’m using hub centric rings and it’ll help secure the wheels better. They’re dirt cheap so it’s not a cost that’s hard on the wallet.

“If you don't use hub centric rings, you transfer the weight of the vehicle to the lug hardware, and the wheel studs will break. Fact is, the hub centric rings do not bear a load. The weight of the vehicle is actually supported by the friction between the wheel and its mounting surface on the axle.Jul 28, 2016”
Font Tints and shades Pattern Monochrome photography Monochrome

https://www.onallcylinders.com › hu...
Using Hub Centric Rings with Your Wheels - OnAllCylinders

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thinking of putting the Mazda 6 GT 19 inch wheels on with the stock suspension. They are 19x7.5 with +45 offset. I saw a couple of others on this forum have done it, and I think they look great. I'm curious how the ride and handling is with them, are they much heavier than the stock 18" GT wheels?

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Also, the ones near me locally for sale have the clear coat/paint failure that was an issue for a while:

How much would a decent refinish cost in the NYC/Westchester area?

2161 - 2180 of 2181 Posts