2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
2121 - 2140 of 2143 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Considering some new rims. Love the TE37's but don't have 3k to spend. The t
Rota grid look nice and the offset +44 in a 18x8.5 is tempting. Does anyone have these. I know rota is a rep but also saw avid av06. Gotta get tires soon so thought it would be a good time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Considering some new rims. Love the TE37's but don't have 3k to spend. The t
Rota grid look nice and the offset +44 in a 18x8.5 is tempting. Does anyone have these. I know rota is a rep but also saw avid av06. Gotta get tires soon so thought it would be a good time.
I currently have rota grids but not in the size you're looking at. I have them in 17x9 25 offset 245/45/17 tires. I may eventually invest on TE37 later on. I would trip out more getting scratches if I was on volks.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well considering I have read multiple post what would you all recommend? 17" or 18"
I have the stock 16" on. It is a daily so I do t want to decrease the comfort too much. Do you all think a 17x8 +35offset would fit with eibach LS and no fender roll?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well considering I have read multiple post what would you all recommend? 17" or 18"
I have the stock 16" on. It is a daily so I do t want to decrease the comfort too much. Do you all think a 17x8 +35offset would fit with eibach LS and no fender roll?
From what I read, it also depends on your tire size. I’m not sure how low does your springs lower your car from stock position but that is something to take in account.
I tried to run my ksport coilovers with my current set up and it slashed my tires. The highest setting for those coilovers are too low for my tire/wheel setup. I believe 225-235 is relatively safe but I’d double check.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea I figured 224/40 seems reasonable. I saw a picture of av6 18x8 with 225/40 and states no rubbing or fender roll. I'm just double checking to see if anyone has good pictures or can confirm. The eibach is actually very mild ~1-1.2in all around. I also want to talk about comfort and noise. I mean I know mazda 3 are not quite, but for long road trips I would like to keep the increase to a minimum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea I figured 224/40 seems reasonable. I saw a picture of av6 18x8 with 225/40 and states no rubbing or fender roll. I'm just double checking to see if anyone has good pictures or can confirm. The eibach is actually very mild ~1-1.2in all around. I also want to talk about comfort and noise. I mean I know mazda 3 are not quite, but for long road trips I would like to keep the increase to a minimum.
i would say it might be a good idea to roll your fenders if you’re considering 18’s. Just to be on the safe side. My 17’s are comfy af. I do wish they’re 18’s but I don’t think it would fit and will ride as good. Coming from running 45 sized tires, I would even go 50’s in my next set of tires.
Also to further add, my wheel/tire setup is super light and has helped a lot in performance.
Tires aside, I’d love to learn on getting boosted like your car. That’s super inspiring. Mad props!

·
Super Moderator
6,648 Posts
Rim size is irrelevant when it comes to fitting wheels. What you need to look at is overall tire diameter and offset.
If you want a better ride for daily driving, you can do 17s with 45s or 50s and still have good performance.

17x8+40 with 225/45s, H&R springs

·
Registered
88 Posts
Arathol thanks for the picture. That looks good. Not too much wheel gab and looks proportional so as not to make it too much tire. What wheels are those?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Alright so I think I found a decent set up. 18x8 +42 and a 225/45 tire. Do you guys think it would rub on a 1in drop mz3? I would go with 17 but they only have +35 for 17x9. Which I think is way too wide. Trying to avoid rolling fenders if possible.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Alright so I think I found a decent set up. 18x8 +42 and a 225/45 tire. Do you guys think it would rub on a 1in drop mz3? I would go with 17 but they only have +35 for 17x9. Which I think is way too wide. Trying to avoid rolling fenders if possible.
That should be okay. 17x9 +35 will likely rub with a load and on dips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is what I'm going for. Unfortunately they don't make this size and offset in bronze. So I figured I can powder coat them later.
What size/width/offset is that? It doesn’t say that on the screen shot. Are you sure you it doesn’t come in that size? I know a vendor that sold me my wheels and they have a pretty good selection of sizes.
Got my wheels here👇

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is what I'm going for. Unfortunately they don't make this size and offset in bronze. So I figured I can powder coat them later.
There’s a lot of companies that make TE style wheels in bronze. Have you looked at avid or aodhan?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The pic is the avid ones. They only make the bronze in 18x8 +35.
Odd. I think 18x8 +35 fits better anyway. Mild rolling of the rear fenders would clear that easily, especially with only a 1” drop. Less cost/hassle then powder coating wheels.

2121 - 2140 of 2143 Posts