2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
2101 - 2120 of 2143 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
How’s it going everyone👋🏾Just wanted to share some pics of the new wheels i got my 2014 I SV in case anyone is interested in these same wheels. They’re the AV1D AV6 17X8 +35 on some Vercelli Strada II 225/45ZR17 tyres. I asked around this thread and got told me that I’d most likely have to do fender rolling but once they got here they fit perfectly with 0 rubbing.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi There. Recently, I purchased some Dark Red RTX rims and Dunlop Tires. RTX® - VERTEX Black with Machined Red Face (18" x 8", 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 73.1mm Hub) CONTINENTAL® 15572690000 - EXTREMECONTACT DWS06 PLUS (215/45ZR18 Y)

Here are the attached Photos:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I wish the rims were 7.5 Inches wide versus 8 inches. The front wheels are "Hella flush?" and the back rims are barely flush. ( I am very paranoid about scraping the rims). The tires are great however. They are a huge improvement over the Hakook Ventus V2 Concept 2 that came on the factory rims. The road noise is less, the mileage is about the same and the steering response is great. I am quite positive that the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus will do much better in the rain. I got the whole set up from CarID for about $1500.00.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok you 3rd geners post all your pics of aftermarket wheel/tire combo's here. No 1st or 2nd gen pics. Lets stick to pictures only. Make sure to state your wheel/tire specs.
Hello Guys, I'm planning on getting my first set of aftermarket wheels, I'm planning on rocking the same or similar tire stock specs on some 18s

What would you think is a good tire match for some Rota KB-Fs/ Rota Recce? Not that much interested on a very low tire profile since I'd like to keep the ride comfort for my daily, just want it to look good since the Stock 16s on my Mazda 3 looks small

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hello Guys, I'm planning on getting my first set of aftermarket wheels, I'm planning on rocking the same or similar tire stock specs on some 18s

What would you think is a good tire match for some Rota KB-Fs/ Rota Recce? Not that much interested on a very low tire profile since I'd like to keep the ride comfort for my daily, just want it to look good since the Stock 16s on my Mazda 3 looks small View attachment 282892
Seen a few on KBFs. Relative to stock 18s, they somehow strangely look small....perhaps the spokes are shorter?🧐

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Maybe it's just the rear fender gaps, maybe more profile on the tires would work? :)
I recall a bunch of BM/BN owners who arranged a KBF group buy sometime back. Most of them eventually sold theirs & went w/ some other set. The common comment...the 18s look 17s. Go for it, if that's the aim. Wheel weight & durability aside, personal aesthetic preferences vary.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had the OEM tires (size) swapped over, I cannot get over how much better the car looks! I just ordered 12mm (.5”) spacers. I don’t care to look super flush, but I know once I lower it (likely on Eibachs) the gap may be exaggerated. I rubbed with my 2008 Speed3, I won’t deal with that debacle again; it was nothing but a headache.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Upgraded from 16s after 7 years of ownership.

Gram Lights 57G with Potenza RE003
17x7.5 et43
225/50/17
67.1mm ID to 73.1Mm OD aluminum hubcentric rings

Stock height. No rubbing so far with one passenger in the back and one front wheel on a ramp.

2101 - 2120 of 2143 Posts