2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
2081 - 2100 of 2143 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
It’s a wider wheel but the offset makes up for it. Your tire actually should stick out a little more on your current setup (assuming you get the same width)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah the problem is that the new wheels I want are only in 19x8.5 the wheel is wider but the ET is higher aswel so it should indeed make up for the wider wheel. Should I just send it? I want those rims so bad but don't want any complications during the yearly car inspections. That's why I need to know it very precise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah the problem is that the new wheels I want are only in 19x8.5 the wheel is wider but the ET is higher aswel so it should indeed make up for the wider wheel. Should I just send it? I want those rims so bad but don't want any complications during the yearly car inspections. That's why I need to know it very precise.
Take a look at my post on page 103, #2055. I have 18"x8.5" et45 wheels. The front wheels are at the outside of the fender. The spokes actually protrude about 2 to 3mm farther out then the rim, where the tire mounts. If the law states no protrusion, I think the front wheels on my car would not pass.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
@minsanity has 19x8.5 +45 225/40 if I recall correctly. I had 19x8 +40 235/40 at one point without poke but my fenders were slightly pulled so I couldn’t say they would be flush on stock fenders down to 1mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm still on the same 8.5 et45 w/ 225/40/19s. For slight poke issues, one can use camber bolts in front.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Take a look at my post on page 103, #2055. I have 18"x8.5" et45 wheels. The front wheels are at the outside of the fender. The spokes actually protrude about 2 to 3mm farther out then the rim, where the tire mounts. If the law states no protrusion, I think the front wheels on my car would not pass.
Hmm yeah so on the picture you can clearly see that they don't stick out the fender. that's good to know.

I'm still on the same 8.5 et45 w/ 225/40/19s. For slight poke issues, one can use camber bolts in front.

Oké so you have the exact same size I'm going for aswel and you do have some issues with sticking out or am I wrong? the rear wheels look like they'll be fine but the fron'ts look like they stick out a bit.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Oké so you have the exact same size I'm going for aswel and you do have some issues with sticking out or am I wrong? the rear wheels look like they'll be fine but the fron'ts look like they stick out a bit.
If you go 235 or 245, you'll likely rub rears on dips. 225's slight stretch(some brands stretch more) will help clear. Fronts, I have camber bolts w/ about a degree or so of negative camber. No poke on current setup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you go 235 or 245, you'll likely rub rears on dips. 225's slight stretch(some brands stretch more) will help clear. Fronts, I have camber bolts w/ about a degree or so of negative camber. No poke on current setup.

Oke great good to know! are the camber bolts expensive?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings Folks!
First post of this forum. I currently have a white 2017 mazda 3 touring. Just upgraded my wheels and tires. 17x9 25 offset Rota Grids Flat Black on 245/45/17 Yokohama Ascend GT tires. Aside from tint, everything else is stock right now. Looking to upgrade my brakes soon. Someone fitted Evo x brembos here which led me to create an account. I'd love to ask him more about the process and parts to getting that done.
- Andrew
View attachment 281421 View attachment 281422 View attachment 281423 View attachment 281424 View attachment 281425 View attachment 281426 View attachment 281427 View attachment 281428
Nice ride! Any issues with rubbing

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just ditched the stock 16s. No rubbing, I like the amount of poke, she’s a grip monster now.

Enkei T6s 18x 8 35
245/45/18 Ling long Crosswind tires

I was unsure about the tires because it’s a brand I’d never heard of before but I’ll update if anything goes wrong?? Apologies in advance for the crappy picture quality
Are you lowered?

2081 - 2100 of 2143 Posts