2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hmm so I read all of this and I think I am more confused than when I started. I have 2014 sGT and I like my bi xenon headlights. Compared to what I had before in my old car they look great and I like the light output. My problem is with the fog lights and them not matching my headlights at all. Originally, I thought I would just replace them to more match my headlights, but the more I have been seeing it, I kind of like the yellow for the fog lights. With both of these, would this just be a bulb replacement, whole unit replacement with a kit? Would I put in LED's or just a higher powered bulb? Sorry if this is just too rudimentary, it just gets a little overwhelming.
This bugged me when I has 2014 sGT. I used yellow Laminex on the fogs so it was obvious they were a different color. My 2017 GT LED fogs match the LED headlights perfectly.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I used these for the front signal and these for the rear signals / parking lights and brake lights

The fronts don't need resistors to prevent hyper flash as they are built into the bulb. I did install resistors on all 4 rear bulbs and they all work fine. The only thing is I did convert the brake light to red. You might want to use an amber 7443 bulb if you want to keep yours that way.
I only needed a resistor in each back turn signal to stop hyper flashing as they are on the same circuit as the front signals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Specifications: 5000K / 35Watt

Cost: $150 - 20% memorial sale discount = $120 per pair

Review: A lot brighter than stock (about 2x as bright). I can kind of tell when my fog lights are on now (before I couldn't even tell if they were on or not). Looks a lot cleaner than yellow OEM color. Lights flicker VERY slightly (you can only tell when you are about 15-20 feet away from a solid white wall). Plug and play. No relay/harness required (although a harness would probably stop the slight flickering). The bulb with the black scratch in it doesn't light up as bright as the others since the cutoff on a wall is only about 85% as bright as the others (I'm considering buying a backup set of bulbs and returning the one with the black scratch in it). Overall I'm happy. Took me 2.5 hours to install by myself by turning the wheel to one side and going through the side fenders. I also changed out the turn signals to 5000K LEDs ^^

Note: Please do not flame me for putting HIDs in halogen projects and reflector fog lights. My friend and I took both of our cars and drove past each other multiple times and the brightness does not bother me at all. I do not need to squint at all!
Hi, If I read well you put HID in your OEM fog lights. I was wondering if there was enough clearance for an HID bulb.
Your car looks great. On my side I'll take the 3000k road for my fog lights.

Thanks

·
WEEBO KILLER
41 Posts
Finally replaced the low beam halogens!
brand HIKARI Ultra LED H11
price $55 found them cheap on ebay usually $90
KELVIN/COLOR TEMPERATURE 6450k

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Way to expensive.
These bulbs

H8 H9 H11 9005 9006 LED Headlight Bulbs Replacement

with this adapter kit, use the r-1 option
Acura Honda Lexus High Beam LED Daytime Running Lights Decoder Modules

will get you where you want to be.

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I just checked and the link to the harness is no longer valid on their site. Any idea what harness it would be now? And, now they you're a few years on, how do you like them? Any issues? I'm picking up my 3 on Friday, and want to have bulbs ready for it. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I just checked and the link to the harness is no longer valid on their site. Any idea what harness it would be now? And, now they you're a few years on, how do you like them? Any issues? I'm picking up my 3 on Friday, and want to have bulbs ready for it. Thank you!
No issues at all, still working fine. Far better than the halogens....
The web site changes periodically. New location is here, the R1 option.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for your help in this thread. I have a 2014 Mazda 3 GT with the standard halogens. If I understand everything correctly, I believe I need the H11 and 9005 from this site…

and this relay kit

so this would have me covered for low beams and high beams. I was wondering if you might have any recommendations for back up lights to match these as well?
Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
Thanks for your help in this thread. I have a 2014 Mazda 3 GT with the standard halogens. If I understand everything correctly, I believe I need the H11 and 9005 from this site…

and this relay kit

so this would have me covered for low beams and high beams. I was wondering if you might have any recommendations for back up lights to match these as well?
Thanks so much!
Reverse lights? Just about anything would work. I got a set from Advanced Auto and they work fine.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts