2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
241 - 260 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went back to work on the lights again last night, just to make sure they were sitting in the mount correctly.

I went in through the wheel well on both sides this time, and it was a lot easier to do it that way. I was also able to visually confirm that they were mounted correctly too.
CK
Could you are Arathol post a picture of the beam pattern out on a road? Just wondering how far these bulbs will project from our halogen housings - thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,881 Posts
The visibility is much better with these bulbs. They project a clean line out of the halogen housing too. The DRL's are also far more noticeable and cleaner looking when compared to the halogen bulb.

ijDMToys delivered the product very quickly and packaged it well too. No complaints from me.
CK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmm so I read all of this and I think I am more confused than when I started. I have 2014 sGT and I like my bi xenon headlights. Compared to what I had before in my old car they look great and I like the light output. My problem is with the fog lights and them not matching my headlights at all. Originally, I thought I would just replace them to more match my headlights, but the more I have been seeing it, I kind of like the yellow for the fog lights. With both of these, would this just be a bulb replacement, whole unit replacement with a kit? Would I put in LED's or just a higher powered bulb? Sorry if this is just too rudimentary, it just gets a little overwhelming.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A quick question for those that have upgraded halogens to bi-xenons... My vehicle is 2017 3 sGT HB, came with LED fogs and halogen lo/hi beams. I retrofited the Morimoto TLR projectors, installed XB35 ballasts (with the wiring harness) and used hi beam splitters to keep current halogen hi beams but also use the xenon high beams. Went with OSRAM 66240 CBI D2S bulbs, which look amazing in the TLR-4 projectors - thanks to TRS for their products and help.

My issue now is the fog lights won't work. Wiring seems OK, the fog fuse unde the hood (15A) is fine. I can't figure out why, hopiong anyone here has run into this and has suggestions. Would the high beam split cause an issue with fogs (I think fogs turn off when high beam active?).

Thanks in advance.
did you retrofit by yourself? do you have pictures? :smile2:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would tend to agree that i think the hi-beam split may be causing the issue. Do the high beams still work as your DRL with your setup? It is supposed to be: DRL using the high beam bulbs(no fogs), low beams(fogs on or off by choice), high beams(leave lows on, turn highs on, turn fogs off). There is some law stating you can only have up to 3 sets of forward facing lights active at a time and they count those stupid amber marker lights so that it why the fogs turn off when you turn on your highs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@cybercaci
I also have a retrofitted my 2016 with 4TL-R projectors. I also used high beam splitters and didn't had any issues with the fogs not working after the retrofit.

I suppose you removed the front bumper cover, were you able to put the fog light harness back in? Did you try to remove the splitters to check if your fog lights work without them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
@arathol Thanks for the recommendation. I installed them and everything works great, high beams are absolute brightness!
Is it me or are the drl/high beams not sit in the headlight as snug as they should? Definitely not as snug as the the regular beam.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
@arathol Thanks for the recommendation. I installed them and everything works great, high beams are absolute brightness!
Is it me or are the drl/high beams not sit in the headlight as snug as they should? Definitely not as snug as the the regular beam.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Check to make sure they are seated correctly with the seal in place. I had the same problem and after a few tries I discovered it was simply that the bulb hadn't locked in the housing as it should have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check to make sure they are seated correctly with the seal in place. I had the same problem and after a few tries I discovered it was simply that the bulb hadn't locked in the housing as it should have.
is there a trick to doing this? I have pushed and prodded - but darn those 9005's don't want to get inserted into the socket. The base seems way too big for that socket for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
6,733 Posts
241 - 260 of 276 Posts