2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to be a buzzkill but the new Mazda 3 commercial with the soul-red balloon and the wide-eyed girl gets on my nerves. The song in the background sucks too.

They need to quickly follow up with a more manly version.

·
Super Moderator
6,735 Posts
Watching that video I couldn't help but think about that other song about red balloons....:smile2:
And just hope for the jet fighters to open fire.....

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
Set them free at the break of dawn
'til one by one, they were gone
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, "Something's out there"
Floating in the summer sky
99 red balloons go by
Although the original German version was better...

·
Banned
112 Posts
I don't want to be a buzzkill but the new Mazda 3 commercial with the soul-red balloon and the wide-eyed girl gets on my nerves. The song in the background sucks too.

They need to quickly follow up with a more manly version.

I see it much differently. I see an attractive looking girl driving a very cool looking car. Music sounds good too. Much better than those stupid Chevy commercials.

·
Rubber side down
273 Posts
I see it much differently. I see an attractive looking girl driving a very cool looking car. Music sounds good too. Much better than those stupid Chevy commercials.
Better than 'utter crap' still technically could amount to 'crap', just one step above ;)

I just watched it for the first time. Got a bit of a giggle out of it. I think Mazda USA's marketing department should find a new creative director. I see what they're going for, I just don't think it was executed properly. This commercial shows that they are definitely not trying to appeal to the more performance oriented customer. It's more 'rainbows and butterflies' with an ever so subtle pinch of performance at the end. A pinch which goes way over the heads of the general consumer anyway (driving on a dirt road, an extremely subtle nod at the AWD capability). If they just shot video of the car driving on that same road and did quick snips at different angles with a more aggressive engine sound and then a single shot inside with minimal noise to show how quiet the cabin is, they could have saved money on the actress, the video 'magic' of her floating with the balloon and 'dancing' over the field of grain, AND had a more effective commercial. But maybe that is not what they were going for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.