2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's good fellas,

question, does anyone know where i could find those tapes people put on there bumpers for long ass drive? just wanna prevent hella bug splats and hope help prevent some of the rock chips .. thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
catchphrase hit the nail on the head. When I track my cars they get about 234234 rolls of gaffer tape plastered onto the front :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
i just use blue painters tape when i track.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice! gaffer tape it is.. need summin that'll be kool for a 12 hour drive.. never thought of the blue painters tape, don't think it'll make the trip! gooooood lookin' out guys!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Look for gaffer tape.
+1 on gaffer tape! I use it in the auditorium at school to tape down excess wires and things! It is very strong and the best part is it does not leave a residue or tear up paint!!!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
+1 on gaffer tape! I use it in the auditorium at school to tape down excess wires and things! It is very strong and the best part is it does not leave a residue or tear up paint!!!
props on the gaffers tape. its not reflective either. a nice matte finish. although is it pricey compared to blue painters tape? i know you get more gaffers tape on a roll, but if its more expensive, it will come down to 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. personally the blue tape shoes people you care about your car so much that you dont care what other ppl think. i say show your pride, painters tape FTW:clap:

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Wish I wouldve thought about this last weekend. Drove down to and from LA on the 5 and gt a ton of bugs on the front and the side mirrors. Washed the car yesterday but they etched into my paint a bit so now I have to polish out the damn bug carcass spots.

Next time I will tape up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts