2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

6401 - 6420 of 6454 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, I was able to install the ID7 (first) and then completed 55-->70 upgrade and finally applied a set of AIO tweaks with autorun USB.

Total time for everything was under 40 minutes. Best part was washing the car during the long(er) FM update. :)

So only concern so far - my Nav SD is "invalid" now. My original install of tweaks back in 2016 was to enable CID to get Nav to work. Is that broken with FM_70 or am I missing something now?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Video player working again on V70

I have V70 and the video player is working with mp4s for me (I don't have any FLAC files on the USB drive).
Hi,

After your post I updated my version from V.70.00.21 to V70.00.100A and installed video player and other hacks with AIO 2.8.3.

With this setup, the video player is working again. >:)

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
6 Posts
AIO 2.8.3 issues identified

Gents,

Just a quick post to mention some small issues I saw with the recent AIO 2.8.3, in case anyone from the team wants to take a look at them to fix them.

My setup:
FW: V70.00.100A EU
Gracenote: EU_June2018 (V9.000)
Tweeks from AIO 2.8.3

From the log file of the installation I've noticed the following:

USB Audiomod is not compatible with V70.
On the AIO there is no version resctriction mentioned for the Audiomod. There is however a mention that FLAC support is only compatible with FW version up to 59.00.443C-EU.

Can anyone provide support for USBAudiomod for V70? If not possible, maybe add a warning on the AIO interface saying it will not be possible to add the tweak on versions higher than 59? It is briefly shown on the CMU while installing that there was an error with no detail.
Code:
===***USBAudioMod Not Compatible With v59.00.500+... Install Skipped**===
There is an error while installing the Videoplayer as seen below in bold, but it does not prevent videos from playing, which is good!
Code:
============***********   INSTALL VIDEOPLAYER   ************=============
===             Begin Installation of VideoPlayer V3.7                ===
===                   Removed Old VideoPlayer Files                   ===
===                        Copied  aio.js                             ===
===   /tmp/mnt/sdb1/config/bin/node add_app_json.js Video Play        ===
===                    Modified Stage_wifi.sh                         ===
===                    Copy VideoPlayer Files                         ===
===                   Set Video Player Options                        ===
===              Copy libs to usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10                  ===
[B]sh: 2: unknown operand[/B]
===                  Updated gstreamer registry                       ===
========********** END INSTALLATION OF VIDEOPLAYER ***********===========
From what I can tell it is on the following block, but I was not able to debug or troubleshoot this as I don't have the dev environment set up.
Code:
count=$(grep -c '/imx-mm/video-codec' /etc/profile || echo 2)
if [ $count -eq 0 ]
then
  backup_org /etc/profile
  sed -i 's/\/imx-mm\/parser/\/imx-mm\/parser:\/usr\/lib\/imx-mm\/video-codec/g' /etc/profile
  log_message "===                      Fix exports / codecs                         ==="
fi

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/imx-mm/video-codec

rm -f /tmp/root/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.arm.bin
/usr/bin/gst-inspect > ${MYDIR}/gst-inspect.log 2>&1
Regarding FLAC support on the audio player, on the gst-inspect.log I see that flac encoder/decoder are installed, but the audio player does not play FLACs properly.

Code:
flac:  flactag: FLAC tagger
flac:  flacdec: FLAC audio decoder
flac:  flacenc: FLAC audio encoder
Also, on the beggining of this log file I see the following messages, but cannot tell how critical they are.
Code:
(gst-plugin-scanner:23994): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_template_new: assertion `caps != NULL' failed

(gst-plugin-scanner:23994): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_class_add_pad_template: assertion `GST_IS_PAD_TEMPLATE (templ)' failed
That is all I saw on the log files. Everything else worked properly.

Good job AIO team!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,

Long story short, my car had v55, so I installed the autorun/id7 recovery scripts. Ran the dry-run. Everything was okay. Brought to dealer for the v70 upgrade. Car comes back with a v70 failsafe, and a v31 OS. They reverted the system, somehow. Checked autorun was still present, it was, brought the car back. They go to update. CMU is bricked - black screen only. They have a warranty CMU coming in soon that will be delivered likely at v70.

Any thoughts on the following?
A) How did the system revert to v31 during a v55->v70 update? Could the scripts have caused this?
B) How does the failsafe succeed, but the actual OS is reverted?
C) How would the dealer have bricked it during an upgrade, barring the usual shutting the car off, pulling the plug, etc?

Thanks in advance all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not a coder or html expert by any means, but I'd love to have a feature where the MZD Connect loads data from a .json online (using cellphone as hotspot) and displays them permanently, i.e. in the same spot as the date mod.
This is a somewhat specific use case I guess, but it's the blood sugar values of a diabetic, read by a constant glucose monitor and uploaded to the net. The json contents look like this:
value 80
time "4:23PM"
trend 4
trend_symbol "→"
trend_words "FLAT"
delta -4
units "mg/dL"
mmol 4.4
reading "80 → -4"
timestamp "2019-02-10T14:23:23.000Z"
full "80 → -4 4:23PM"
The "reading" value would be enough. Anyone know of any way to make this possible?

One problem is that it also needs a one-time login and cookie to match the readings to the user.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi just a noob question, I have bought an imported mazda 3 from Japan and came with an OS Ver. 59.00.448 JP M. I have been reading a lot on how to change the firmware to ADR version. Will it be safe just to directly convert it to 59.00.502A? or do I need to install the lower version of ADR OS first prior moving to version 59? Any tips will be greatly appreciated, specially if there would just be a tweak with how to change region without reinstalling the whole firmware. TIA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys

I have recently started working on a custom app for our CMU and have got to the point where I can display values read through websocketd, but I found myself somewhat limited by smdb-provided values.
So, here I am asking if anyone has had any success yet in communicating with the CAN bus to read OBD PIDs.

Looking at 2x4logic's CMU board photos and analysis, I understand that the CAN bus is not directly connected to the main CPU, but instead goes through another microcontroller.
This other microcontroller must be communicating with the main CPU through some hardware protocol which I would expect to be I2C or SPI.

I understand that there may be some limitations, after all who whould want an infotainment system that is able to send potentially malicious commands to the PCM?
But I think we could still get something valuable out of it.

I have not yet had time to check inside my CMU nor I have a spare one to work on, but I have some ideas about how to get more information on this.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My cmu showing mazda logo after facroty reset not boot loop. I still able to ssh.
I think that maybe issue on sm.conf and I have try using the backup fles from the AIO but still do not work.

can someone share me the sm.conf files?
i'm on FW: V70.00.100A ADR

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take a look at site:
mazdatweaks dot com/faq/

he says at the end:

By now I have studied the inner workings of the Infotainment System so well I could probably go work for Johnson Controls or Visteon. There are still things that are very tricky, dangerous and/or impossible to pull off but if you have an idea Shoot me an email and I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys,

Is it safe to install EU 59. Cmu Software in top of NA 59. ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
if you live in Europe sure why not, though your radio won't work right you need to replace your TAU (Tuner Amplifier Unit) with one made for Europe, located behind the glove compartment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you live in Europe sure why not, though your radio won't work right you need to replace your TAU (Tuner Amplifier Unit) with one made for Europe, located behind the glove compartment.
Yep, I live in Europe. Just the car is from USA.
Well, radio works incorrect already, because the channels are different in digits. So I believe nothing will change a lot, except the software version?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep, I live in Europe. Just the car is from USA.
Well, radio works incorrect already, because the channels are different in digits. So I believe nothing will change a lot, except the software version?

That's why I mentioned the radio because In the US/Canada FM stations are 200KHz wide and in Europe 100KHz. Need to find a TAU similar by model, year, Bose or not Bose, look in Poland,Allegro.pl, or a wrecking place in your country. Adding a Europe TAU may also add DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) similar to HD radio in the US.
With respect to the EU firmware everything will be the same with the added benefit to change language to your location.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's why I mentioned the radio because In the US/Canada FM stations are 200KHz wide and in Europe 100KHz. Need to find a TAU similar by model, year, Bose or not Bose, look in Poland,Allegro.pl, or a wrecking place in your country. Adding a Europe TAU may also add DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) similar to HD radio in the US.

With respect to the EU firmware everything will be the same with the added benefit to change language to your location.
Are you sure that I need new dab? Not enough to change region via SSH to Europe "1"?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you sure that I need new dab? Not enough to change region via SSH to Europe "1"?

no need for DAB if that's what you want.
sure you can do that by changing the region but not possible to change language, look at the sizes of NA and EU, the difference in sizes is the extra languages package.
look at this thread: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/208858-firmware-usa-eu.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I have already read this thread.

For me it's enough to change the region if that would solve the issue with FM channels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys hello to all i just join the club of mazda3revolution , i have no idea if my question is repeated many times but i just want to ask how i can change JP version of a demio 2014-2016 infotainment screen to EU firmware's with languages and all staff .. Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all together!

WARNING! Don't use new Firmware! It removes the ID7_Recovery_Scripts!

I downloaded the new Firmware "cmu150_NA_70.00.335C_update.up" from HiDrive and extracted it, to look at the diffrences.
There is a directory "./neutralizeid7/" with a script which deletes the whole ID7_Recovary_Scripts.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all together!

WARNING! Don't use new Firmware! It removes the ID7_Recovery_Scripts!

I downloaded the new Firmware "cmu150_NA_70.00.335C_update.up" from HiDrive and extracted it, to look at the diffrences.
There is a directory "./neutralizeid7/" with a script which deletes the whole ID7_Recovary_Scripts.
Gosh why is Mazda being a prick :(

Is that really necessary from them? Maybe they trying to force everyone to buy the overprice hardware unit they have!

6401 - 6420 of 6454 Posts