2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 6442 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used Advanced Archive Password Recovery from elcomsoft.
Ahh, yeah that program is a piece. It also doesn't actually leverage your GPU, it's just a traditional CPU based cracking tool. They have specific offerings that use CUDA but none that do encrypted zip.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ahh, yeah that program is a piece. It also doesn't actually leverage your GPU, it's just a traditional CPU based cracking tool. They have specific offerings that use CUDA but none that do encrypted zip.
wow, I had no idea.

if you are unable to brute force this and it is apart of your job then i doubt anyone else will. Other measures must be taken.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I agree. The password is at least 7 characters long (as far as I got). Without some GPU cracking, which I don't think exists for ZIP files, we'll never be able to crack it. I don't know if it would be possible to make a zip file that records passwords used on it, but that may be the way to go. We could rename it to the correct naming conventions (.up instead of .zip) and have the process fail in a car to record it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Or we could just walk into the dealer and ask for it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What is the fun of that? :cowboy:

Btw, GPU zip cracker? I did a little Googling and this is what came up:
Parallel Zip Password Recovery - multi-core, GPU, distributed solution

Uses the GPU power
Supports most of modern GPU cards using NEWOpenCL technology, including last NVIDIA Kepler, AMD GCN architecture and Intel HD Graphics. GPU processing could increase password recovery rate in 10-20 times using one GPU! For example, Zip 2.0 encryption produce fantastic rate up to 500 millions passwords per second!
I would love to try it out, but I do not own a decent GPU. Anyone?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Or we could just walk into the dealer and ask for it.

Thing is, they probably don't even know. We also would really need the full ZIP file. This one is truncated, with the real one being something like 2GB! If someone could grab this from a dealer's computer, it would be amazing.

The information on that small ZIP file may be enough though to show how to integrate new software and tweak settings though. It's also good for attempted password cracks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just attach a flux capacitor to the subnet mainframe and take it to the dealer to get an update. Right after the update you just need to travel at precisely 88 mph with 1.21 gigawatts of power. You'll travel through time to Japan at the time of the initial coding of this piece of shit software and get the access code for sure mann.

·
Registered
128 Posts
All jokes aside, once we get this code laid out on the table we should open up a secure google doc and copy and paste it in to allow access to all the programmers on this forum. This way we can have a collaborative project going in real time and plus if someone dicks up the code google docs has a time capsule and we can revert back to the last working code no problem.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thing is, they probably don't even know. We also would really need the full ZIP file. This one is truncated, with the real one being something like 2GB! If someone could grab this from a dealer's computer, it would be amazing.

The information on that small ZIP file may be enough though to show how to integrate new software and tweak settings though. It's also good for attempted password cracks.
The real one appears to be ~880mb in size according to the PDF.

Looks like the one uploaded is not truncated.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not saying I have a good gpu but I could give it a try. What do i need?

·
Registered
355 Posts
So, the Infotainment system is great, but it has me thinking how much greater it could be. There's so much potential wasted right now, and I would like to untap some of that.

What I think may help here is getting the update code dump. This would be solved easiest if someone knows a dealer that can get the update software on a USB stick. If someone could upload that somewhere, we could then start analyzing the update procedure and the software and hopefully fine some way to hijack onto that process.
I'm sure you've seen the stuff about "OpenCar" SDK for app development.

If you haven't check out this site:
http://sdk.opencar.com/mazda/

Here is a screen cap of the site.... I don't know if they are offering the SDK now, but it would be amazing if they were... :thumbup 1:

EDIT:

Soo, I signed up and apparently they do have the SDK available, once I get it installed I'll post back if they have anything mazda related.... that would be cool to make some mz3 apps even if I couldn't upload them to the car...

actually I'm not sure if I need linux to run this, or if it runs in a virtual linux OS or something hmmmm... bout to find out...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure you've seen the stuff about "OpenCar" SDK for app development.

If you haven't check out this site:
OpenCar

Here is a screen cap of the site.... I don't know if they are offering the SDK now, but it would be amazing if they were... :thumbup 1:

EDIT:

Soo, I signed up and apparently they do have the SDK available, once I get it installed I'll post back if they have anything mazda related.... that would be cool to make some mz3 apps even if I couldn't upload them to the car...

actually I'm not sure if I need linux to run this, or if it runs in a virtual linux OS or something hmmmm... bout to find out...
Pretty neat. That way I would maybe be able to display the current Bitcoin price on the infotainment screen, lol! :stuart:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am currently brute forcing the file with all lowercase letters up to 9 or 10 characters, I don't remember length exactly. No numbers or special characters. Using gpu with accent password zip cracker. 3 days left. I'm not expecting much so if someone wants to test 9 characters to 14 that would help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
41 - 60 of 6442 Posts