2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think you can invoke the rear camera from the infotainment system - at least I am not aware of it. That's an outside trigger signal and the infotainment system just reacts on it and super composes the AV signal with the opera browser.
I have a Mazda 3 2014 s grand touring. It has a backup cam. It seems that the backup cam is available to the infotainment system computer as /dev/video0 and the executable v4lcapture is responsible for rendering the backup cam image. When the car is in reverse gear and I do killall v4lcapture, the backup cam feed stops and I see a black screen. then when I do v4lcapture the feed shows up again.
Also, when the backup cam feed is showing, doing cat /dev/video0 often gives me timeout error and then exactly at that time, the backup cam feed gets killed.
When I put the car away from reverse gear, the device /dev/video0 does not disappear and it cat /dev/video0 behaves similarly. This gives me hope that the backup cam is still powered on when the car is not in reverse gear.
I tried to take a picture from the camera using gstreamer but failed:

/dev # gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=1 ! filesink location=/tmp/test.jpg
MFW_GST_V4LSRC_PLUGIN 3.0.5 build on Jun 10 2015 16:30:09.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts