2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Here is my USB AutoInstall Script for FullScreen Speedometer...
How to use: it usage as other USB auto script... :smile2:
Link here: removed to check compatible with diffirent OS of Mazda Connect System

Because some one comment this script not work on their car, so i temporary remove the link for check the script.

I test this script on my car OS of Mazda Connect version is: 51.00.350 and it work. (I live in Viet Nam)

·
Registered
351 Posts
won't work for me..
a get the "install complete reboot the system" message and the dataretreival msg.

but when i reboot the system i got an loop of the start animation

i think no bootloop cause i got ssh still working and still could hear the radio and pdc... but i see only the animation...

now i try to undo it... wish me what ever is necessary0:)

edit:
i thought i stuck in the animation because of a bug in one of the *.js files or scripts... so i copied the original back in to the JCI... but.. nothing happend
i also copied the originial stage_wifi.sh, delete all "speedometer" files...
i'm afraid to undo the "watchdog disable" part... i think as log as i could ssh into the car everything is "ok"

edit2:
i realise that i can't copy the original files into the system "file transfer failed" but i don't know why... i connect via wifi ssh, then mount/remount... but i did not get permission to write... i think i sleep and try it again tomorrow... i know there is only a simply point i dont get
any suggestions??
I think if you can ssh to you car, What program software do you use to connect to your car?
I use winscp, because it has friendly interface. It support file trasfer and terminal windows.
Do you replace all file modified with original file, some file required change the permission to 755 like stage_wifi.sh.
About file sm.conf file, i thought you must replace it with original file....
After that, you may try reboot command from terminal window...

·
Registered
351 Posts
due to the reason i dont have a laptop i use my android with "connect bot" and "andftp"

a few weeks ago i changed the background with this tools, everything fine...

but today i don't get permission to write on the system... i think the problem is the opere.ini... because the system starts but stuck loading the "final" interface and as far as i know it is the operasystem??
i lend out a laptop today and try it again with putty and winscp

but i don't know the reason your install-script does not work...
Hum, it work on my car, that is strange.
Did you try to replace the opera.ini by original one?
What is your Mazda Connect OS version?
Did you backup JCI folder of your car before make any tweaks?
May be you need find some one have the car with Mazda Connect OS version like your and copy files (sm.conf, opera.ini), put these file to usb and make scipt to copy this original file to replace modified file in your car. :|

·
Registered
351 Posts
ZzoomzoomZ congratulations to you, your systems is back to work now. About script fullscreen speedometer, i found problem of my, it was serezhka mistake, if you run install script throw terminal and modify file (sm.conf, opera.ini) by manual, no problem, but in code serezhka post:
Code:
count=$(grep -c "Allow File XMLHttpRequest=" /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini)
if [ "$count" = "0" ]; then
    sed -i '/User JavaScript=.*/a Allow File XMLHttpRequest=1' /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini
else
    sed -i 's/Allow File XMLHttpRequest=.*/Allow File XMLHttpRequest=1/g' /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini
fi
It will not write Allow XMLHttp request to opera.ini file...
and in install scipt: install.sh not has value with red color (it is reset_board="yes")
Code:
<service type="process" name="Opera" path="/jci/opera/opera" autorun="yes" reset_board="no" retry_count="0" args="-u /jci/gui/index.html --noWatchdogs" affinity_mask="0x02">

·
Registered
351 Posts
people have been trying to clone the oem nav for over a year and the only way to do it is if you have an image of an unlocked card and also an oem card to use temporarily to perform the procedure (rdriggett discovered it). Don't waste your time fitisgo. anhnga, either pay for a legit card or install the Enhanced Compass App from these forums that flyandi made if there really isn't any oem nav card for vietnam
I know clone SD Navi card is illegal, but in my contry, the dealer does'n import this SD Navi card to sell for them customer....
I want to know what structure of SD Navi Card and try to clone or hack it....

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't want to stick my SD card into a computer unless a more experienced member says it's okay.

I'm also a Mac user, I have Parallels with Windows 7 installed but I don't own a copy of Ghost.

Mike?

As a side-bar, if we could figure out how to tap into the OBDII through can-bus (is this used on Mazda?) then we could create an amazing application with:

- Water temperature (instead of an idiot light...)
- Oil pressure and temperature
- Digital tach or S2000-style bar-type tach
- A/F ratio from bank 1 or bank 2

There's a lot of cool stuff that could be hacked into the infotainment, if only we had the capabilities. I wish I was more experienced in this kind of thing, I wish I could help..
Hum, i sure it OK, because i'm an IT Development with twenty year experienced in IT Technology, so i know it can be clone to image for backup...

·
Registered
351 Posts
i think there must something more different...

i just try the installation manual without the script but it does not show the speedometer app..
so i mess around and stuck again in the startanimation...

ok nothing too bad, just copied the original files back to the system and everything fine.. but i dont get the speedometer working

maybe there is a difference in the version?? i use v33

i did everything exactly like serezhka mentioned in the post 2528...

another interessting fact.. i just restore the original sm.conf but nothing happend.. i restore the opera folder and the stage_wifi too and "babumm" system starts correct

i think there is something wrong with the opera-part... maybe the activation of userscripts??

i'm confused..

ok i think i will never use it, because i hate to touch the touchscreen 0:) but i'm just interessting in testing new things:nerd::nerd:...

edit:
@anhnga
also in your usb-script i see the reset_board="no" is correct so there MUST be a difference at another place.. i used your script as well as i used the manual instructions
after your script i stuck in the animation after the manual instruction i see nothing -.-
I think the speedometer not apear because you forgot the line in opera.ini like User Script=1 and Allow XMLHttp request=1....

Newest Auto USB script of mine, i improve it, and now it speedometer equal the car speed....

Do you still want to view and test my Auto USB Install Script again? If YES, i will send link the newest scipt to you for download. My car using 51.00.350 ADR version, so i think you must upgrade the Mazda Connect OS to latest firmware like 55.00.753 and then test my script...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do anybody know why after install speedometer of @serezhka, the wifi network not show anymore, but wifi setting in Device tab still here and checked....
So i decide to upgrade my Infotainment OS to 55.00.753A, after upgare successful, reboot the system and now wifi goes back......
Don't know why? Do anybody know?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wifi problem!

Look what I have seen today:
https://github.com/diogos88/Mazda_MS-CAN_client/blob/master/Mazda_MS-CAN_client/Form1.cs
Can somebody check if the CAN messages here on port 12321 ?
Code:
[email protected] ~/serezhka/jci-arm $ grep -ir "can port" ./
./jci/testapp/atcommands.xml: <ATCmdRequest groupID="11" commandID="1"> <!--Open CAN port-->
./jci/testapp/atcommands.xml: <Param convertion="digit" size="1"/> <!--CAN port-->
./jci/testapp/atcommands.xml: <ATCmdRequest groupID="11" commandID="2"> <!--Close CAN port-->
./jci/testapp/atcommands.xml: <Param convertion="digit" size="1"/> <!--CAN port-->
./jci/testapp/atcommands.xml: <Param convertion="digit" size="1"/> <!--CAN port number-->
./jci/testapp/atcommands.xml: <Param convertion="digit" size="1"/> <!--CAN port number-->
Binary file ./jci/testapp/plugins/libjcitaplgcanl.so matches
Recently, my car doesn't want to connect to my phone via Wi-fi. It connects only the tenth attempt.. But when it connects, the connection won't lost again.
Mzd connect - v51
Samsung galaxy s4 (android CyanogenMod 12)
So I decided to buy USB Ethernet adapter)
Did you know why after install your speedometer, the wifi network of my car not show any wireless access point anymore, but before it does. The wifi in Device tab is checked, and icon of wifi network not show in top bar of screen.
So i decide to upgrade to new version of Mazda Connect OS (v55.00.753A), after reboot my system, the wifi icon and wireless access point are back as normal.
I think something is wrong in your code, may be the code in file "stage_wifi.sh"... It's right?
Sory for my English skill, it not good...

·
Registered
351 Posts
FYI -

Here's a USB tweak to enable the Wifi access point. It does NOT enable it permanently - just for this run (next 'reboot' it will be disabled again):

Mazda_USB_tweak_enable_wifiap.zip

This could be helpful to recover systems which don't already have Wifi enabled through the menu (and/or for people who don't have the correct USB-ethernet adapter, but want to ssh-in to the CMU).

This tweak will disable the watchdog, enable the Wifi AP, then show a message with the Wifi (and wired, if present) IP addresses. Normally these are 192.168.53.1 for Wifi and 192.168.42.1 for wired.

The Wifi AP name will be "CMU-XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" (where the XX's are your Mazda's MAC address).

WARNING: This Wifi AP is "wide open" (no password), so keep that in mind when running this tweak (others could connect if close enough - probably not a real concern, but I'm warning you just in case).

EDIT: I've tested this on v55.0.750. I assume it works on other versions, but can't say for sure. It just runs standard scripts in the CMU's firmware (/jci/scripts/start_wifi.sh and /jci/scripts/jci-wifiap.sh) - if they are there in your firmware version, it should work.

EDIT 2: If you already have Wifi enabled in your CMU config (where you have a wifi option in the settings), this script will probably conflict with it (you probably don't want to enable both)
Hi oz_paulb!
Did you finish the recovery mode for MDZ.... Can you share it for us? Because i see lot of people have problem with boot loop, and some of the people can recover from it.... if you project finish, it will help us prevent boot loop happend...
Thank you!.... Sorry for my bad english skill, i'm live in Viet Nam...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does anybody have problem with script hack to enable play DVD when car moving? I try this script with MDZ version 56.00.100A ADR, but no lucky, but the Enhanced Compass, enable Touch screen hack script still working... I don't know why....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does anybody know, how to read data of out car temperature?

I've use smbd read menthod to read out car temperature of my car from vdm_vdt_current_data, but data i received is Out-CarTemperature (int, 4): 67

I don't know the temperature unit is Celsius (C) or Fahrenheit (F), but in my car setting is Celsius (C).

I use online converter from Fahrenheit (F) to Celsius (C), convert 67 to Celius is 19.4444444 not equal with the temperature display in car odo...

·
Registered
351 Posts
When use your tutorial for patching the libmc_user.so, it alway give me error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "libmc_user_patcher.py", line 23, in <module>
import elffile
File "/home/m3an/Downloads/m3/media/elffile.py", line 36, in <module>
import coding
ImportError: No module named coding
My system is linux ubuntu 12.04 LTS

My car use MZD version 56.00.100A ADR

Can you help me patching file libmc_user.so for play flac audio?

Here the link of my file: https://mega.nz/#!1kEwmR4L!KdgEYSBVLAgxC7m29g6RvdTuPk6G6hRvsw8HExpTEBg
Thank you!

·
Registered
351 Posts
This may explain it - a very subtle issue with what (at least the US) GPS/CMU reports for heading. I've not checked your code to see if you accounted for this. Nice looking compass BTW, I wanted to do that but HTML/CSS is not my bag.
Mark
Do you know, how to install new 7 segment font *.ttf to CMU and use them in opera instead of using cufon and ...font.js, because it not stable, some time speedometer not display correct font, it show font like arial not 7 segment font....
I try use webfont, using squire font generator but opera 12.16 build 1860 not support @font-face...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Since there are a number of speedometer aps with various updates it would be best if you could reference which one and/or take a photo for clarification. The early version of the speedometer (before direction/MPG) had 7 segment font and some were mixed. When I revised it I removed the 7 segment font entirely because I was having problems with it. So in the end you may have an early version of the speedo - or there is a problem I've not seen in the latest one I've been involved with (the one with speed graph & bar graphs). I cannot speak to the other versions of the dial speedometer or changes others have made to my version of Waisky2 original release.
Mark
Uhm, i use the waisky2 speedometer aps... in linux system pc, i can install new font .ttf and use shell command to refresh font cache, and use new font OK, but in CMU, i do the same thing, but nothing happend, new font doesn't show up.....
I look in jci folder and saw fonts folder in /jci/fonts, so i decide copy font file .ttf to that folder, but nothing happend....

Could you help me to install new font on CMU?

Thank you very much!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts