2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate that!

Got an update video up today. Purchased the sound deadening material that I will attempt to install here shortly. Last time I didn't give it enough effort, but I think this time i'll do a better job. Not that this car is extremely noisy, I just would find it enjoyable to have things more isolated. When it rains it it so loud on the roof, so the material up there will make a huge difference.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Most tedious project to date, adding sound deadening material to my roof. As I will mention in the videos, I did this because of how loud it can be inside the cabin when its raining. It makes using the bluetooth impossible. Also, tapping your fingers on the roof sounds so hollow and so thin. Now it sounds very solid.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Attachments

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I took my first long roadtrip this past week/weekend and really found that the insulation I added to the wheelwell, floor, and roof made a big difference. I am looking to get a decibel meter so I can report numerical results. Lucky for me my girlfriend has a 2016 sedan with no added insulation as a point of reference. My borla exhaust does add quite a bit of sound so that would skew the results a bit. Im working to do what I can to get actual results rather than stating that it just sounds quieter. I am adding more insulation to the rear of the vehicle next.

Sound Deadening Feedback/Camping/Hiking/MPG's:

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I had received quite a few comments on how much I've spent and total additions I have made, so I put together a little video documenting everything. They are not in the order in which I added them, but categorized by Interior, Exterior, and Engine/Performance. I was surprised at how much I have spent.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I havent updated my "Build Thread" in a while, so here's what I've been up to. I have posted in appropriate threads, but here they are in one place.

·
Registered
988 Posts
If you could do a video on how to fix annoying rattling noises inside the cabin it would very helpful, as lately I'm experiencing the following issues:

1- First rattle comes from the upper technology package console (The black plastics on the windshield) - it stops only when I apply pressure on the right panel.

2- There is rattle coming from the A pillar on the drivers side... This is more audible and annoying as it is literally "next" to me when I'm driving, sometimes I just put pressure on it but on bad pavements it comes back

Great videos by the way! :)

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just added an NA to the fleet. His name is Omar.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
You purchased one incredibly good looking Miata. Looks like it is 5 years old, not 22. Yeah Omar!

Happy modding and happy driving to you!!!

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Cool. Make sure to check in at miata.net
https://forum.miata.net/vb/

Nice! I am reading up and learning more about NA's, so I now know that you have the top of the line R Package. Mines the B package. I'm on one Miata thread, Ill have to check the others out, as I will have LOTS of questions. THanks!

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Full intro to my new addition. Won't post too much more about him here as I know this is about the 3! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,529 Posts
Nice! I am reading up and learning more about NA's, so I now know that you have the top of the line R Package. Mines the B package. I'm on one Miata thread, Ill have to check the others out, as I will have LOTS of questions. THanks!
R cars were stripped down club racers with yellow Bilstein shocks. Those are the hardest to find models as very few were made. Mine is a 96 M edition. M edition cars were produced 94-96, each year in a different color with about 3000 made per year. These had pretty much every option including PS, PB, AC, and ABS.
If you want good answers to your questions without having to deal with the usual stance-bro ricer Miata crap, miata.net is the place. There is a really good garage section with a ton of DIY maintenance stuff. Also, check your area for Miata clubs, you can usually find some no matter where you go.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
R cars were stripped down club racers with yellow Bilstein shocks. Those are the hardest to find models as very few were made. Mine is a 96 M edition. M edition cars were produced 94-96, each year in a different color with about 3000 made per year. These had pretty much every option including PS, PB, AC, and ABS.
If you want good answers to your questions without having to deal with the usual stance-bro ricer Miata crap, miata.net is the place. There is a really good garage section with a ton of DIY maintenance stuff. Also, check your area for Miata clubs, you can usually find some no matter where you go.
Thanks for all the tips!
Sounds like you found yourself a rare car! Have you had it for a long time?
Speaking of shocks, I'll probably replace mine soon as it rattles a lot over bumps. Not sure if the shocks are what's causing it but they look stock so prob time anyways. Im just putting some good miles on the engine first to make sure there arent any hidden problems before I dump a whole lot more into it.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
If anybody here is interested in an Injen SRI(for 2.0L only), I'm giving mine away. Details in video below. So far only 5 people have entered. Nothing is wrong with it I just prefer the OEM box because I don't drive my car very hard so I don't reap the full benefits. My loss is your gain! I'm even eating shipping costs. I will pick a name and send. Please share if you know anybody who would be interested.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Added fog lights to my Sport model 3.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts